CGI Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGI Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I first came into contact with CGI at my college's career fair. The recruiter looked over my resume and seemed pleased enough to let me interview with them the next day. The interview was a standard 30 minute "get to know you" type of interview. The interviewer was a recent hire/graduate and was very friendly. All you have to do is know what's on your resume and know how to talk about yourself. He did ask me a question to see how I think on my feet, which I answered incorrectly -- however they still emailed me about 2 weeks later to let me know they wanted to move forward with on-site interviews (functional role: 30-min behavior & 30-min functional interview).

For the onsite interview you first sit in a big room with other candidates and listen to a 30 minute presentation conducted by an employee (history of company/benefits...) and then it's time for lunch. You eat lunch in the same room and a few recent hires join in. They sit in front of everyone and candidates are given the opportunity to ask questions about their time at the company so far. Really cool. Then it's time for the interviews! Honestly, if you're the type to get nervous/anxious before interviews (me!), relax. This will be the least stressful interview ever. The interviewers are really friendly and make every effort to avoid any awkwardness. The interview was more of a conversation than constant questions being lobbed at you. My first interviewer was a young woman who had worked at the company for a couple of years (and was happy with it). She briefly asked me about my resume and background, mostly talking about my major. She only asked me 2 behavioral questions, pretty easy standard teamwork/project questions. The next interviewer was an employee that had worked at the company for 10+ years. Him and I mostly talked about my resume and what I learned from each position I had before. We also talked about my extracurricular activities (i.e. youtube, tutoring.) which made the interview fun since I talked about things I enjoyed doing. We ended up running out of time but continued talking on the elevator ride down. Both interviewers make the interview very relaxed and chill, which helped calm my nerves. And neither took notes, which I found odd (but also helped make it feel less like an interview). I recommend you know your resume very well and think of examples to talk about (i.e. teamwork/project).

Received an offer the following week and negotiated, and accepted. Their emphasis on work/life balance (combined with decent pay, good location, and enthusiastic/friendly employees) sold the company to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you weren't able to finish an assignment for a client.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, established a time, and conducted a brief phone interview. Recruiters are very friendly and nice, and will answer any questions you have about the company. Then in-person interview if they thought you were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel in group-settings? Have you done group work before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had on campus interview with CGI in November. Then I got invited for in person interview in December. It was a panel interview; two people interviewed me. One was the behavior interview and another one was technical interview. It is a little difficult to contact with recruiter there. But the best way is to keep email them for an update. Finally, 2 weeks later, I heard back from them with a congratulation email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX).

Interview

I met with the recruiter in a college job fair and gave my resume for the position of entry-level business analyst. I got a call in two weeks for scheduling a phone interview. The interview was easy and straight forward and lasted for about 15 minutes. I am waiting for their response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you showed a leadership skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and within a day I received an email asking me some screening questions (are you able to work in the US without sponsorship? Are you eligible for government clearance? How much are you willing to travel? etc.). The next day I was asked to schedule a phone interview for that day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter requesting information about my graduation year and skills. After I replied, I had a phone interview later that week. No difficult questions were asked. Then got invited for the second round interviews. It started out as a group presentation, then we were split up to do the interviews. There were 3 interviews that lasted 30 minuted each. The interviewers were just normal employees. Sometimes they would interrupt me while I was answering a question. Afterwards, the recruiter told us we would receive phone calls within 2 weeks with an offer or rejection. I never received a phone call or even an email.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Went to the career fair and got an email back couple of days later to set up a phone interview. Then went to an onsite interview and got the results couple weeks after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 Back to Back Interviews right ether right when you get there or at the very end of the day. They will go over benifits while one group is interviewing. The entire process is from 9 am to 2:30 pm. So it quite long.

Interview Questions

• Each interview asked very out-of-the-box Logic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fullerton, KY) in October 2016.

Interview

it was an on campus interview its waiting for them to get back officially , it was good i was the first one on the list to be interviewed and it was good talking to them, very friendly

Interview Questions

• it was over all important roles in the project, how you tackled, how you handled yourself, what are the main scenario in the office experience had in previous office etc..,,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position through a college recruiter at our semester job fair. The interview process consisted of a brief one-on-one interview the week of the job fair, and a three part interview at the location for which they were hiring at about three weeks after the job fair. The location I visited was in Lebanon, VA. Every interviewer I met with was very friendly and fairly easy to talk to.However, one interviewer I talked with I might have gotten along too well with. We had a very friendly conversation, but each interview was timed and we did not get through all of the interview questions prepared for me. Another of my interviews took a call in the middle of the interview and was gone for a good portion of our allotted twenty-five minutes. Overall this interview process was a positive experience, I just wish our time would have been managed better.