CGI Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.6

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Interviewed on a University campus with a current employee and was asked back for an interview about two weeks later in their main office where I talked with two employees and the HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Name one difficulty you encountered and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Lafayette, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

Brought on-site to interview for 3 hours; interviewed in a group by a panel while being fed lunch and then individually with two different employees; was also given a tour of the facility and discussed employee benefits. Very informative experience-got a good feel for company culture and day-to-day operations

Interview Questions

• If you are trying to judge if a closed barrel is above or below half-full of water without a measuring tool, what do you do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

2 step process- (1) on campus interview, (2) on site interview.

(1) Very generic 30 minute interview. Mostly behavioral questions.

(2) Two presentations, lunch, and three, 30 minute interviews back to back. Presentations provided a lot of background about CGI and the benefits they offer. Lunch was a good opportunity to talk to recent hires. The interviews were mostly technical in nature. One is pure technical IT/programming based knowledge, one is logical scenario, and the third is sort of a mixture. For me, two out of the three were really interactive. While you should definitely prepare, just know I didn't know a single answer for their technical questions, but I still got an offer. I think they're testing how you'll react while gauging how much you do know about the IT industry.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose your college and major? Walk me through the process   1 Answer
    • 1. Define object oriented language   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a CGI recruiter at a university career event. A couple of weeks later I received an invitation to interview at the company's facility in Lebanon, Virginia, along with several other applicants to the position.

First, we attended a presentation about CGI, what the company does, and what kind of benefits it offers. Secondly, we met with a few new hires and they showed us around the office, and answered any questions we had about the job and company. Then, we had a series of interviews. We each had three 30-minute interviews with different people in the office. They asked questions about our experience, our technical knowledge, and so on while also allowing us to ask them questions. Finally, we had to fill out a short form with general information (our expected salary, when we could start, which office we wanted to work at, etc.) and then we were free to leave. Overall, the interview took about 3 hours.

They said they would let us know if we were given the job or not within 7-10 days. It's been close to three weeks since the interview and I still haven't heard back from them, despite my contacting them to inquire about the status of my application. Overall the interview process was good and not too difficult, but to me it's very rude and unprofessional to never tell someone if they didn't receive the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you slice a cake in order to make eight slices, if you can only slice it three times?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

After speaking with them at my campus job fair, i was offered to interview on campus for a second round. Then was asked to visit them for a final round at their headquarters in Fairfax, VA. The onsite interview day consisted of a short presentation discussing the benefits being offered at CGI. After, they dismissed the group of interviewees to conduct individual interviews being one on one with a manager. After we were brought back to the original room where they dismissed us for another one on one interview with another manager. After the interviews were complete we were brought back to the orignial room and were provided lunch and were placed in front a group of 5-6 recent college hires where they answered any questions that we may have. I received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR interview questions, and wanted me to explain every aspect of my resume.
      The technical questions asked were based off what was listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter I met at career event and had a short phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was invited to interview on site. At one of the CGI office, I had a lunch and two thirty minute interviews. They asked mostly behavioral questions involving my past experience working in groups.

Interview Questions

• Examples of a time when a group member is not pulling their weight and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I first came into contact with CGI at my college's career fair. The recruiter looked over my resume and seemed pleased enough to let me interview with them the next day. The interview was a standard 30 minute "get to know you" type of interview. The interviewer was a recent hire/graduate and was very friendly. All you have to do is know what's on your resume and know how to talk about yourself. He did ask me a question to see how I think on my feet, which I answered incorrectly -- however they still emailed me about 2 weeks later to let me know they wanted to move forward with on-site interviews (functional role: 30-min behavior & 30-min functional interview).

For the onsite interview you first sit in a big room with other candidates and listen to a 30 minute presentation conducted by an employee (history of company/benefits...) and then it's time for lunch. You eat lunch in the same room and a few recent hires join in. They sit in front of everyone and candidates are given the opportunity to ask questions about their time at the company so far. Really cool. Then it's time for the interviews! Honestly, if you're the type to get nervous/anxious before interviews (me!), relax. This will be the least stressful interview ever. The interviewers are really friendly and make every effort to avoid any awkwardness. The interview was more of a conversation than constant questions being lobbed at you. My first interviewer was a young woman who had worked at the company for a couple of years (and was happy with it). She briefly asked me about my resume and background, mostly talking about my major. She only asked me 2 behavioral questions, pretty easy standard teamwork/project questions. The next interviewer was an employee that had worked at the company for 10+ years. Him and I mostly talked about my resume and what I learned from each position I had before. We also talked about my extracurricular activities (i.e. youtube, tutoring.) which made the interview fun since I talked about things I enjoyed doing. We ended up running out of time but continued talking on the elevator ride down. Both interviewers make the interview very relaxed and chill, which helped calm my nerves. And neither took notes, which I found odd (but also helped make it feel less like an interview). I recommend you know your resume very well and think of examples to talk about (i.e. teamwork/project).

Received an offer the following week and negotiated, and accepted. Their emphasis on work/life balance (combined with decent pay, good location, and enthusiastic/friendly employees) sold the company to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you weren't able to finish an assignment for a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my school and was offered an interview the next day after speaking with them. They emailed me within a week and we planned an interview for two weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very approachable and instantly gave ease to a normal anxious process. They asked questions about experiences applied in specific situations. I felt the questions were fairly easy and was confident with my response.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about the company?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through college career fair. They are nice and patient. The interview took about 40 minutes. There are about 20 interview questions, and recruiter was taking notes while I answered those questions.