CGI Business Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

CGI Business Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

After speaking with them at my campus job fair, i was offered to interview on campus for a second round. Then was asked to visit them for a final round at their headquarters in Fairfax, VA. The onsite interview day consisted of a short presentation discussing the benefits being offered at CGI. After, they dismissed the group of interviewees to conduct individual interviews being one on one with a manager. After we were brought back to the original room where they dismissed us for another one on one interview with another manager. After the interviews were complete we were brought back to the orignial room and were provided lunch and were placed in front a group of 5-6 recent college hires where they answered any questions that we may have. I received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR interview questions, and wanted me to explain every aspect of my resume.
    The technical questions asked were based off what was listed on my resume.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter I met at career event and had a short phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was invited to interview on site. At one of the CGI office, I had a lunch and two thirty minute interviews. They asked mostly behavioral questions involving my past experience working in groups.

Interview Questions

• Examples of a time when a group member is not pulling their weight and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I first came into contact with CGI at my college's career fair. The recruiter looked over my resume and seemed pleased enough to let me interview with them the next day. The interview was a standard 30 minute "get to know you" type of interview. The interviewer was a recent hire/graduate and was very friendly. All you have to do is know what's on your resume and know how to talk about yourself. He did ask me a question to see how I think on my feet, which I answered incorrectly -- however they still emailed me about 2 weeks later to let me know they wanted to move forward with on-site interviews (functional role: 30-min behavior & 30-min functional interview).

For the onsite interview you first sit in a big room with other candidates and listen to a 30 minute presentation conducted by an employee (history of company/benefits...) and then it's time for lunch. You eat lunch in the same room and a few recent hires join in. They sit in front of everyone and candidates are given the opportunity to ask questions about their time at the company so far. Really cool. Then it's time for the interviews! Honestly, if you're the type to get nervous/anxious before interviews (me!), relax. This will be the least stressful interview ever. The interviewers are really friendly and make every effort to avoid any awkwardness. The interview was more of a conversation than constant questions being lobbed at you. My first interviewer was a young woman who had worked at the company for a couple of years (and was happy with it). She briefly asked me about my resume and background, mostly talking about my major. She only asked me 2 behavioral questions, pretty easy standard teamwork/project questions. The next interviewer was an employee that had worked at the company for 10+ years. Him and I mostly talked about my resume and what I learned from each position I had before. We also talked about my extracurricular activities (i.e. youtube, tutoring.) which made the interview fun since I talked about things I enjoyed doing. We ended up running out of time but continued talking on the elevator ride down. Both interviewers make the interview very relaxed and chill, which helped calm my nerves. And neither took notes, which I found odd (but also helped make it feel less like an interview). I recommend you know your resume very well and think of examples to talk about (i.e. teamwork/project).

Received an offer the following week and negotiated, and accepted. Their emphasis on work/life balance (combined with decent pay, good location, and enthusiastic/friendly employees) sold the company to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you weren't able to finish an assignment for a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my school and was offered an interview the next day after speaking with them. They emailed me within a week and we planned an interview for two weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had on campus interview with CGI in November. Then I got invited for in person interview in December. It was a panel interview; two people interviewed me. One was the behavior interview and another one was technical interview. It is a little difficult to contact with recruiter there. But the best way is to keep email them for an update. Finally, 2 weeks later, I heard back from them with a congratulation email.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Went to the career fair and got an email back couple of days later to set up a phone interview. Then went to an onsite interview and got the results couple weeks after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

On-site interview included two separate members of the Fairfax office team. Each included basic background questions along with behavioral questions. There were also a few questions about why I personally saw myself as a fit with the company and in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit in the business analyst role at CGI?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Straight forward. Good behavioral questions, not too many analytical ones. First round interview on-campus and second round or final interview on-site at their federal headquarters in Fairfax. They provide lunch was is nice and reimburse travel expenses (i.e. gas, miles).

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus. Had interview for 30 mins very laid back and conversational, she actually only asked me 1 question. I was notified in exactly one week about the steps for a second interview. tI had two 30 min interviews on-site at Fairfax location where they asked behavioral questions. Received a phone call two weeks later of an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position on school career service website, got selected for the on-campus interview. It was a 30 minutes face to face conversation which was mainly behavioral; the interviewer asked series of questions and jot down your answers. Waited for two weeks to received an email arranging an onsite interview. I talked with two current business analysts at CGI for 30 minutes each. Before the interview started, there's a short session introducing the company and a lunch panel where candidates are encouraged to ask current employees any questions. After the two interviews, I filled a form which asked for my visa status, availability to start, etc. and submitted it back to the recruiter. If they like you, you should expect to hear back very soon after the onsite day. I was told a week later that they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. Mostly behavioral questions; one interviewer had a poker face, just remembered to calm down and articulate your stories as usual instead of losing your pace.   Answer Question