CGI Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGI Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at CGI

2.8

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

I interviewed at their Fairfax office. It was really casual. They gave a presentation about the company and served lunch and we had two 30 minute interviews. The process was pretty highly organized.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CGI?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

My entire process was 4 months from initial resume and cover letter submission to starting work. (I was working on a federal project.)

I submitted an application online and didn't hear back from an internal recruiter until a month later. After that the process was very quick: 1-on-1 phone interview with the recruiter, 1-on-1 phone interview with a project manager, then an in-person interview at the client site with another project manager.

Standard interview questions, no weird Google-style questions like how many marbles fit in a 747. Describe yourself and your skill set, when have you succeeded, when have you struggled, how familiar are you with X process/skill/technology.

From first recruiter phone call to the last interview took about 2 weeks. Then came the long waiting game of getting my interim Secret clearance, which took 1.5 months to come through, though this depends on each person. I have foreign contacts and extensive foreign travel experience, so mine took a long time.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your weaknesses?   2 Answers

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

After my initial contact at a recruitment fair, I was invited for the first day of a one 1-on-1 interview. On the second day, I had 3 separate 1-on-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Share about a time in work or school where you made a decision that benefited the company/team/group and had tangible and lasting results.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2019.

Interview

Went to college recruiting, was told to come back in the next day for the first interview on campus. A week later I was contacted for an on-site interview in Fairfax, VA. The day of the interview was super relaxed and everyone was friendly. The first interview with the first manager was very straight forward and laid back, it definitely got rid of any butterflies that I had. The interview was very behavioral. The second went over your resume in more detail, so make sure you know your resume. After that, I was contacted 2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like: Where do you see yourself in five years? Name a time when you had to work in a team environment. Who is your biggest inspiration?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI in March 2019.

Interview

Was referred by a friend, but they made me apply through my university again. A couple weeks later I got an offer to do an on campus interview. This was probably because I was the last person this interviewer had for the day, but he seemed very uninterested in what I was saying throughout the whole 45 minutes of the interview. Thought he would ask me behavioral questions but he barely did. He started yawning, looked at his watch, and started packing up even before I left the room. Said he didn't have a business card and didn't bother giving me any kind of contact information as a follow up. (When I asked for a business card he just simply said, "for a follow up? No that's okay, it was nice talking to you though.") I know interviewers are probably tired from interviewing multiple applicants all day, but it's extremely disrespectful to act rudely to the interviewee when they're most likely very nervous for the interview. I hope no one else goes through the same thing I did.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to go to your University/choose your major?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, one phone with HR, one with senior BSA and director. General behavior and technical questions. The process is very efficient, takes only 2 weeks. People are very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Share your knowledge and experience about Agile. Challenges you met during work and how did you solve them.   Answer Question