CGI Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGI Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Asked about resume, past experience, and ended with a coding challenge and a challenge where code was presented and you needed to identify errors and what code did. Overall, it was average interview process. Behavorial questions were also asked on the phone prior to the onsite interview where they asked the things mentioned above

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

HR contacted me after being forwarded my resume. There were three rounds of interviews with 1 on 1s with senior technical recruiters and then the project team itself. Questions focused more on prior experience than testing technical knowledge. After the interviews there was a background investigation, then a call to let me know when to start.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Three interviews with line staff and managers. Two interviews were over the phone and one manager interview was in person at the client site. Phone interviewers asked good questions and answered all of my questions. In person interview included lunch, office visit, and interview meeting. Overall, the interview experience was positive.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI in October 2015.

Interview

First interview asked some fairly aggressive questions about experience and coursework, really looking for specific experience. The second interview was very relaxed, and current employees mostly answered any questions I had about the company. They were good about giving a fairly honest review of what the work consists of.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me specifically what experience you have with creating and debugging different databases"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Addison, TX).

Interview

Interviewer had 4 or 5 pages with a list of questions. This was the second interview I was going on and knew that this was a formal process used by CGI.

Interview Questions

• basic, weaknesses, strengths   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I got the interview just the day after the college career fair. And the interview was hold on campus on one-on-one base. Questions were basic behavioral. Things like walk through your resume, and strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Raleigh City, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fort Raleigh City, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

This interview, was actually for a position with a different company as a sub-contractor to CGI, however, a CGI senior engineer, lead, and the other company's lead conducted the interview, so it is applicable:

An initial phone interview was conducted by the CGI senior engineer, asking some general IT and networking knowledge questions. When I got one of the answers wrong, but was close, the interviewer gave me the correct answer, and continued on.

For the in person interview, I met with the the three people noted above, who interviewed me in a round-table discussion format.

They asked more detailed network questions, and the senior engineer re-asked the question I got wrong in the phone interview, which I answered correctly this time.

After the in-person interview, I was thanked, and told that I would be contacted in about a week. The company I was hired by did contact me in the time frame specified with an offer that I accepted.

When that company later collapsed a year later, CGI immediately hired me to keep me on in the position.

Interview Questions

• What and how would I check an issue where there was a very high load on the network, which didn't have an immediate explanation?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Applied via website. About 5 days later, I received a call from a recruiter. The recruiter asked experience questions to make sure I fit the job requirements; she also told me about the company including history, benefits, job location and hours but no specifics on the position. She set up a phone interview with the hiring manager later on that week. My phone interview with the hiring manager lasted about an hour, where we discussed position/project details. My knowledge of the application was questioned as well as some general accounting and behavioral questions. My 2nd phone interview was the next day, with the same hiring manager and another manager. The other manager asked more personality/behavioral questions. Both interviews were very relaxed, not stressful at all. I received an offer by the recruiter that same day, as well as a written offer.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was an organized process that involved interviewing with 3 different managers for about 30-45 minutes each. Part of the interviews were conversational and the rest was answering fairly standard questions about my background, experience, skills, etc. I had applied online and their HR reps scheduled these interview meetings. I was also given an opportunity to ask questions about the position, which was very helpful. Overall, everything went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where your were not given sufficient details about a project and explain what you did to "fill in the blanks" to get the project completed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a fair offer and were firm with it. No further negotiations were allowed.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied on the university career site and interviewed on campus within a month. Interviewed by two different people, very intense and asked various questions. Was asked about my leadership experience and working with groups. It was obvious that being able to work well in a group was important for the position because many of the questions focused on that. Think quickly and answer questions as specifically as possible. One of my hardest interviews to date.

Interview Questions

• They asked me difficult questions on different problem solving.   Answer Question