CGI Consultant Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

CGI Consultant Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was a college hire. Went through the college career fair, did on campus interviews first, then on-site interviews, and received an offer within 2-3 weeks of on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to join the consulting profession?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

They had an interview at my college campus. They then emailed me for a second interview shortly after. The second interview session consisted of lunch, talking with young employees, and two interviews. The interviews were your basic Behavioral and were helpful for finding out what jobs the people serve.

We also had a tour of the facility. In all it was pretty simple. One of the interviewers hadn't ever interviewed people and pretty much followed the sheet with questions he had.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The process was straight forward. The initial interview was by phone. The second interview was in Fairfax and it tok approximately 3 hours. During that time I met with 3 key managers and spoke with them regarding the company and what my task would be within the company.

Interview Questions

• N/A the conversation was pretty straight forward and flowed very smoothly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was fairly short due to the reason it was my first job out of college.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

I got the first interview through my university's career center. The person I interviewed with was very nice and the interview seemed more like a conversation, which made things a lot less stressful. A few days later I got an email inviting me to an onsite interview.

During the onsite interview you go through a mini tour, debriefing, and two behavioral interviews. They also provide lunch and a panel of new hires to answer any questions applicants may have about the company. This part is "off the record" so your participation is not evaluated in the decision process. It is solely for the benefit of the applicant.

The interviews themselves were similar to the first interview, where the interviewer was very relaxed and conducted the interview as more of a conversation. They usually get back to you with a decision within two weeks.

Overall, interviewing with CGI Federal will probably be the most pleasant experience you will ever have!

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult to answer at all. The questions are designed so that your interviewer can better understand you and your personal brand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Reston, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

interviewed with two individuals. The questions were straight forward and my skills and education were assessed. The interviewer seemed rushed so the interview did not last long. It was also very hard to understand him.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the pay and the company was very generous.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

In person with two interviewers. Very laid back and requested explanation of different aspects of resume. Overall the experience was very easy and if prepared there should be no problem answering questions being asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Herndon, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online through my college network and got into an on-campus interview. The interviewer was an alumni and we talked about classes. It consisted of a half hour of mostly behavioral questions.

Then moved up to the onsite interview in Herndon. They showed us around the building and got about 6-7 consultants for us to ask anything. Then it came down to two 40 minute interviews. Once again they were mostly behavioral questions. Very friendly people.

Heard back from them the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, working with lazy coworkers, challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Declined because I received another offer from a similar company that I felt a better fit in.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a phone call with the recruiter. One phone call with the manager and one phone call with the product manager. Standard questions and more of a conversation about my experience and the job.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Started with a laid back on-campus interview. About two weeks later I was invited to on-site interviews. I had 3 interviews with managers who were very easy going.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your integrity was called into question.   Answer Question