CGI Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB | Glassdoor

CGI Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB

Updated Mar 18, 2017

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process - First telephonic screening
    2nd - Telephonic interview with a senior project manager
    3rd - in person interview with Director of Edmonton CGI and one Senior Project Manager

After 3 weeks on the 3rd interview process, tried to reach the cordinator via email however he didnt bother to respond back (too busy i guess).

Eventually decide to use the power of calling and then he said he will send out details shortly. Next day i get an email from CGI.

'Dear Candidate,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position: Business Analysts - J0816-0122

Please be advised that due to a change in our needs we are no longer recruiting for this role, and this position is now closed.

Your resume and profile will continue to reside in our database. We encourage you to update your profile and visit our website regularly to view new opportunities here at CGI.
    We appreciate your interest in CGI and wish you well in your career search.

Kind Regards,
    CGI Careers Centre'

I am like thanks for wasting my time. My time is surely valuable than yours. Gets your facts right before you start positing position.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

There is at least one telephone conversation with your CGI recruiter who will do the basic HR stuff; the technical-level and cultural-fit-level interview will be done in person (whenever possible), and will entail 60 to 90 minutes of being challenged on your knowledge and on difficult situations you may face during a CGI project engagement. As you might expect, your knowledge and confidence will be tested, as they want to see how you maintain professionalism and poise under pressure.

If you get past the recruit phone interview and the in-person interview, you may get a job offer. This offer will be conditional upon a criminal record check and credit check and reference check. Expect that CGI will phone at least two of your references if not more.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your consulting experience. What was the best gig you've been on, and the worst? Describe a situation when you had a conflict with a customer, and what you did to resolve the conflict.   1 Answer

Software Developers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

In-person it phone question and answers. Questions on general work history and team fitness prefers technical suitability questions.
    Interview involves an architect and a manager. May also involve hr.
    Someone contacts you to make an offer within a short period and if you accept, fix a tentative start date to allow room for background check.

Interview Questions

• Usually based on the core technologies claimed on your resume or required at the job site for which you ar being interviewed.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Process was ok....wanted to negotiate educational / training component but didn't get it. However,, was able to get valuable training once got in...

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions about dealing with situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please see the first comment above....negotiating at the job interview was tough but eventually got what I wanted once in the organization

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

After applying i was contacted after 2 weeks, next week i had the interview, another two weeks to check my references and generate the proposal.

Interview Questions

• Which technics do you use to document and improve processes?   1 Answer

Because i received other offer earlier from another company

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

First interview was with an HR consultant, second interview was with a project manager. No technical resource was utilized for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Asked where I saw myself in five years; this is typically a bogus throw-away question for someone in my field.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a staring salary just under $60,000 / year. I recommend strongly to negotiate for a higher salary than usual as you will be stuck at that figure with no bonuses or profit share for many years going forward.