CGI Entry Level Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I contacted my campus recruiter via email and from there was set up with a phone interview of about 30 minutes. At the end of the call she informed me I was being invited to the on-site interview round at CGI Federal in Fairfax, VA and would receive an email from another recruiter. After this point, their HR began to seem very unorganized. The on-site interview invitation email had three possible dates to choose from to schedule. Two of the dates had errors and listed the incorrect day for the numerical date on the calendar so I had to email back to confirm what the actual dates were. The email stated you must respond within 48 hours. It took a full 48 hours (plus weekend time) for the recruiter to get back to me confirming the correct dates. In response I scheduled my date being very clear with the full date and time and a travel requirements document. Over 10 days went by before I was sent the interview confirmation, only to see that the incorrect date was again listed for my interview day. (Had the correct day of the week but wrong date). Additionally, there was no travel itinerary attached which the body of the email stated there would be. Once again, I responded trying to clarify and confirm my interview day. Fast forward to four days before the interview was scheduled to take place, I get an email from the recruiter wanting to confirm that I will still be able to make it on x day and it is wrong again still! After correcting him, he sends a confirmation finally with the correct date later that day but still no travel itinerary (aka hotel I would be staying at the night before the interview). The travel itinerary comes in an email literally 24 hours before the interview, only several hours before I need to start driving to Fairfax.
Finally, day of the interview. First off, there are two CGI offices in Fairfax so make sure to use the address of CGI Federal because I was put up in a hotel right next to the other CGI office which is slightly misleading and confusing if you're not careful. The interview process itself was fine, everyone every friendly, lunch provided and information session. They hand you off to two separate interviewers for 30 minute rounds which got a little disorganized with the number of interviewees. For example, I was waiting 10-15 by myself for my second interview because the interviewer ran over time with the last person whereas some people had a seamless exchange. Completely behavioral interview with managers and people in similar positions as you're applying for, my second interviewer was very young and used a sheet of questions to ask and seemed less experience with interviews than the previous person. At first they had the wrong position for me so I had to inform her I was not aware I was applying for that but in the end they say they place you into whatever role they think would best suit you. Original recruiter ran the interview day and info session and said they would try to get offer decisions out within two weeks. Two weeks passed and I had not heard and knew others at my school had so I assumed I was not getting an offer but still reached out to the recruiter for an update. Four days and no response.
Basically, they suck with communication and this isn't only based on my experience with them but other people I've talked to as well who interviewed and even those who did receive offers. I think they try to do a good job and have good intentions but may need some more staff to support them. Email responses either took forever or would be in 5 minutes so I think they also may be negligent to only respond when they know it's urgent. The mistake with the dates was off putting because how hard is it to read a calendar and proofread your emails especially when they're concerning scheduling? Despite all of this, it seemed like they would be a good company to work for overall. Personally I have no idea what they base offer decisions off of because the interviews were very relaxed for all the candidates so it was difficult to feel like you did anything "wrong" during it. If you're someone who likes prompt responses and professionalism, it may be a nuisance to deal with this company at some points of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If you had a mission statement for yourself what would it be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in November 2016 shortly after a career fair held at my university. I was asked to respond with my set of skills. Within a week i was asked to come in for an on site interview. I showed up and they were extremely friendly and inviting. Everyone answered every question that i had. The in campus interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Afterwards was a lunch panel with a few recent hires. At the conclusion of the interview we were told that we would be be contacted with an offer within 2 weeks. 6 weeks have passed and i have not recieved a call or email, despite reaching out to them weekly since 3 weeks of waiting and no response.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start today what would be 3 principles that you would live by!   Answer Question

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was based on behavioral questions. They want to see leadership skills and that you are able to work in groups. Second interview consisted of two separate interviews in which I had to walk them through my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had to lead a group.
      How do you organize your time?   Answer Question

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I talked to them at my college's career fair and applied online. A few weeks later I got a notification saying they would like to conduct an on campus interview and to schedule a time. The on campus interview was 30 minutes and asked me to confirm the details on my resume and confirm what position I was applying for. A few weeks later they emailed me to schedule an onsite interview. Their onsite interview was a series of 3 kinds of interviews, technical, functional, and social. The interviewers were very nice. The other employees and new recruits were also very nice and answered all the questions I had. A few weeks after the onsite interview I got a phone call and email about my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CGI?   Answer Question
    • How did you pick what college/major and why?   Answer Question
    • Given a case, determine all the necessary requirements.   Answer Question
    • What was your greatest accomplishment and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been apart of a team where you were not in a leadership role and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been apart of a team where you had to share the leadership role and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview processes was very smooth and pain-free. Applied using campus website. Got an email requesting some information (GPA, skills, ect.). Was able to get a phone interview the next day and and 2 in-person interviews the same week. The interviews were 30 mins each and more of a conversation than an interview. Very relaxed atmosphere. Received an offer the very next week and accepted.

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I applied through my university and within a week received a request for an interview. I interviewed at my university with one-on-one with a CGI employee. This employee worked in the area I applied to, and was very helpful when answering my questions about job specifics and day-to-day life at the company.

The interview consisted of some basic behavioral questions, with the interviewer taking notes on their laptop, and lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the process you went through in picking the university you attend.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you took on a leadership role.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

First round interview on campus, following two 30 minute interviews at the CGI building in Fairfax, VA

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult, a few technical questions, mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 senior consultants. First two asked standard, behavioral interview questions. The third asked more technical questions, asking about CMMI, SQL, etc. Overall, it just seemed like they wanted to know that you were smart, willing, and able to perform the duties of a business analyst.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.