CGI IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGI IT Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through college, passed first on campus interview and then the on-site interview as well. On campus interview was pretty easy, just basic questions like tell me about yourself and why choose CGI and what makes you a good fit with CGI and describe when you made a hard decision etc. For the on-site interview, they had 2 back to back interviews. In the first one I was asked kinda similar questions but then I was asked to write a simple coding thing, which I've written below. 2nd interview was basically, tell me about yourself. I think they wanted to ask more but unfortunately I got ahead of myself and inadvertently dominated the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Write code using any language (even pseudo code) that prints numbers from 1 to 100, but if the number is divisible by 5, print fizz. if it is divisible by 3, print buzz. if it is divisible by both 5 and 3, print fizzbuzz. That's all   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Talked with a representative there, and was called in for a one-on-one personal interview. The questions were behavioral, nothing technical. They asked questions about myself, my interests, and questions about the company, etc. I was looking for more of a software developer position, and maybe it's how I answered questions, but I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to work in groups, and your teammates weren't giving their input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Took 1+ weeks. Applied though college. The interview was mostly about the past experience with group projects and how I faced/handled certain situations in the group. They did not ask technical questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I signed up for an interview online through the university website, and they contacted me and offered me an interview. At the scheduled time, the interview began, and I was asked to sign a paper stating that I could legally work in the US. Then, they asked questions and took notes on my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a teammate had a disagreement, and how did you resolve this disagreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through our university's jobs website. Then I did one interview on campus, behavioural questions. Afterwards, I was invited for a final on-site interview; three different people interviewed me. One person asked some logic questions; the other person asked a coding question. The whole orientation and interview lasted 3 hours

Interview Questions

• Coding question; how to check number divisible by 2 or 3 or if the number is prime.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

There is a two part interview process. Interviewed one was on campus, and the interviewer asked about previous experiences. I was asked some behavioral questions I believe to see if I could fit into the corporate culture. For example what do you do when you have an issue with a fellow employee/team member. I was asked to do a for loop in any programming language and about the software and development life cycle process.

Interview Questions

pay was lower than other offers

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI in March 2014.

Interview

I got recruited from a college representative. Three rounds of interviews - one behavioral screen, one functional, and lastly, a review with the team that I'd be working closely with

Interview Questions

• The team asked me my proficiency in working with teams and being in different functions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Signed up through school recruiting program. Was invited to an interview on campus.

Interview Questions

The location I originally signed up for was no longer available. They offered me an interview for another location that was too far for me.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

very chill interview on campus with an alum, then an onsite interview with two people from different project teams. One seemed very uninterested in the answers, other seemed more lively. Both were nice. Lunch was provided with a panel of new hires for a Q&A before the interviews began.

Interview Questions

• nothing, just went over resume.   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation but the offer was decent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

The initial interview process started with a interview on my college campus which consisted of your basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself? What do you know about the company? What kind of skills have you learned that you could bring to the table for the company? A week or so later I got an email for an onsite interview where they were willing to pay for gas, food, rental car, and hotel the works for a 2 day interview which consisted of 3 interviews technical, leadership, and analytical. The questions personally I thought were very easy they did not really even have HR people doing the interviews just random employees because there were over 25 people in this interview group. I would say the interviews cant mean but so much though because I not only nailed the interviews, but I was even told by a HR person I was one of the best I still did not get an offer. Overall good process CGI is a great company, I will say though be prepared to not receive a above 50k for years due to what they call on-shoring which is building corporations in impoverished rural areas which yields low pay. If you like living in the middle of no where great opportunity for ya. Not for me though I had a better opportunity come up.

Interview Questions

• GIve me an example of a time when you had to make a decision where bother options were not good ones what did you choose and how did you make the decision.   1 Answer