CGI IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I applied using the internet, at indeed, then one of the representative has contacted me and asked me if which location I am interested and I told my interest through the email. after several weeks he send me an email for an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through college, passed first on campus interview and then the on-site interview as well. On campus interview was pretty easy, just basic questions like tell me about yourself and why choose CGI and what makes you a good fit with CGI and describe when you made a hard decision etc. For the on-site interview, they had 2 back to back interviews. In the first one I was asked kinda similar questions but then I was asked to write a simple coding thing, which I've written below. 2nd interview was basically, tell me about yourself. I think they wanted to ask more but unfortunately I got ahead of myself and inadvertently dominated the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Write code using any language (even pseudo code) that prints numbers from 1 to 100, but if the number is divisible by 5, print fizz. if it is divisible by 3, print buzz. if it is divisible by both 5 and 3, print fizzbuzz. That's all   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I met them at a job fair at my college. I interviewed with them on my campus a few weeks later. After that interview, they invited me to their site in Belton, TX (which is far away and basically in the middle of nowhere - BIG red flag). The site visit was almost all day, involved multiple presentations on the company/benefits/etc. , and contained 3 interviews, free lunch, and Q&A with current employees. The questions in the interviews were extremely basic - yet the interviewers I had did not know how to ask them and did a better job at confusing me. Don't worry about the questions. Study the SDLC and basic OOP principles, and you will be fine. But honestly, I was very unimpressed with the visit, which is one of the main reasons I turned them down. It seemed very desperate and they continuously praised Belton for being such a great place to live - like they were trying to distract the recruits from the fact that their first job out of college would be in undesirable area (Belton is similar to farm country). Pay was also well below average, and benefits were lacking. They actually explained this by saying it was because Belton had such a low cost of living. Lol.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe the 2 most popular software engineering methodologies   1 Answer
    • How do I create a primary key composed of a part of two strings? (For an SQL query)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Talked with a representative there, and was called in for a one-on-one personal interview. The questions were behavioral, nothing technical. They asked questions about myself, my interests, and questions about the company, etc. I was looking for more of a software developer position, and maybe it's how I answered questions, but I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to work in groups, and your teammates weren't giving their input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Took 1+ weeks. Applied though college. The interview was mostly about the past experience with group projects and how I faced/handled certain situations in the group. They did not ask technical questions.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I signed up for an interview online through the university website, and they contacted me and offered me an interview. At the scheduled time, the interview began, and I was asked to sign a paper stating that I could legally work in the US. Then, they asked questions and took notes on my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a teammate had a disagreement, and how did you resolve this disagreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through our university's jobs website. Then I did one interview on campus, behavioural questions. Afterwards, I was invited for a final on-site interview; three different people interviewed me. One person asked some logic questions; the other person asked a coding question. The whole orientation and interview lasted 3 hours

Interview Questions

• Coding question; how to check number divisible by 2 or 3 or if the number is prime.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

There is a two part interview process. Interviewed one was on campus, and the interviewer asked about previous experiences. I was asked some behavioral questions I believe to see if I could fit into the corporate culture. For example what do you do when you have an issue with a fellow employee/team member. I was asked to do a for loop in any programming language and about the software and development life cycle process.

Interview Questions

pay was lower than other offers

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI in March 2014.

Interview

I got recruited from a college representative. Three rounds of interviews - one behavioral screen, one functional, and lastly, a review with the team that I'd be working closely with

Interview Questions

• The team asked me my proficiency in working with teams and being in different functions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Signed up through school recruiting program. Was invited to an interview on campus.

Interview Questions

The location I originally signed up for was no longer available. They offered me an interview for another location that was too far for me.