CGI IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGI IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at CGI

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

I interviewed in the Fairfax location. The interview consisted of three 1 on 1 interviews, quick conversation with the HR lady and a luncheon with all other candidates interviewing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

The initial interview process started with a interview on my college campus which consisted of your basic interview questions. Tell me about yourself? What do you know about the company? What kind of skills have you learned that you could bring to the table for the company? A week or so later I got an email for an onsite interview where they were willing to pay for gas, food, rental car, and hotel the works for a 2 day interview which consisted of 3 interviews technical, leadership, and analytical. The questions personally I thought were very easy they did not really even have HR people doing the interviews just random employees because there were over 25 people in this interview group. I would say the interviews cant mean but so much though because I not only nailed the interviews, but I was even told by a HR person I was one of the best I still did not get an offer. Overall good process CGI is a great company, I will say though be prepared to not receive a above 50k for years due to what they call on-shoring which is building corporations in impoverished rural areas which yields low pay. If you like living in the middle of no where great opportunity for ya. Not for me though I had a better opportunity come up.

Interview Questions

• GIve me an example of a time when you had to make a decision where bother options were not good ones what did you choose and how did you make the decision.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

very chill interview on campus with an alum, then an onsite interview with two people from different project teams. One seemed very uninterested in the answers, other seemed more lively. Both were nice. Lunch was provided with a panel of new hires for a Q&A before the interviews began.

Interview Questions

• nothing, just went over resume.   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation but the offer was decent.

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

There is a two part interview process. Interviewed one was on campus, and the interviewer asked about previous experiences. I was asked some behavioral questions I believe to see if I could fit into the corporate culture. For example what do you do when you have an issue with a fellow employee/team member. I was asked to do a for loop in any programming language and about the software and development life cycle process.

Interview Questions

pay was lower than other offers

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI in March 2014.

Interview

I got recruited from a college representative. Three rounds of interviews - one behavioral screen, one functional, and lastly, a review with the team that I'd be working closely with

Interview Questions

• The team asked me my proficiency in working with teams and being in different functions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Signed up through school recruiting program. Was invited to an interview on campus.

Interview Questions

The location I originally signed up for was no longer available. They offered me an interview for another location that was too far for me.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I signed up for an interview online through the university website, and they contacted me and offered me an interview. At the scheduled time, the interview began, and I was asked to sign a paper stating that I could legally work in the US. Then, they asked questions and took notes on my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a teammate had a disagreement, and how did you resolve this disagreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Talked with a representative there, and was called in for a one-on-one personal interview. The questions were behavioral, nothing technical. They asked questions about myself, my interests, and questions about the company, etc. I was looking for more of a software developer position, and maybe it's how I answered questions, but I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to work in groups, and your teammates weren't giving their input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Took 1+ weeks. Applied though college. The interview was mostly about the past experience with group projects and how I faced/handled certain situations in the group. They did not ask technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Sacramento, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I applied using the internet, at indeed, then one of the representative has contacted me and asked me if which location I am interested and I told my interest through the email. after several weeks he send me an email for an interview.