CGI Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CGI Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to the IT Intern position, specifically for the functional business intern position, after speaking with CGI representatives at my campus. I applied online, and was contacted to have an on campus interview in the next couple of weeks. A week later I was invited down to CGI (Fairfax, VA) for a series of 2 interviews and a luncheon with recent full time college hires. All interviews were behavioral (though I explicitly was applying for a functional role, and not a technical role). They did ask what technical background I had, but as a History and Government major I was honest and they received my answer well.

Interview Questions

• What project have you worked on that required collaboration to complete successfully?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview - good questions based on my work experience.
    Technical skills asked, it was about 30 minutes. Enjoyed the process.
    Be confident, don't stutter. If you don't know the answer to any question, just be honest and be truthful. CGI looks for individuals who are meticulous, confident in their skills, dedicated and works well with respect to team co-ordination and collaboration.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations in a team?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I guess I just met a bad interviewer. I can tell even their are opening for all major, they still prefer if you are more tech person.very normal interview. But they more lean to tech side. So if you have some advantage in CS stuff, show it

Interview Questions

• many questions about Tech stuff   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through college and scheduled for on-campus interview. Interview was 1:1 and the recruiter just ask basic behavioral questions. They will call you back couple weeks later for another round of interview at Belton, TX.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

went to college career fair and talked to the recruiters. 2 weeks later got an on campus interview. They usually just call on campus for about 30 mins and go down your resume and ask you questions and such

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions; nothing technical   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Just asked basic questions about me. Offered some opinions on the company and the work environment of the company. Overall very laid-back and semiformal type interview. Simply spoke with me about my resume, and tried to see what kind of personality I had.

Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Learnt about the position at my college's career fair. First on-campus interview, then was invited to the location for a series of technical, behavioral and general HR interviews. Questions were reasonable enough and nothing out of the ordinary.

At the end we had lunch with other recent college hires and they also gave a presentation about bnefits etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Went on site to interview. There was no testing and nothing to really test my computer science knowledge well. Just questions about my experience and what I have done. Interview wasn't hard, but I don't think they got a good sense of my skills. I was surprised I didn't get an offer because I thought the interviews went well.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Arlington, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on college campus - asked standard questions. Mostly behavioral questions for functional analyst position. Interview went really well - felt like I was talking to a friend. It was very casual.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you faced during a recent project?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI in January 2014.

Interview

Received confirmation of application, few days later asked to do SHL online test. Afterwards invited to assessment centre for 1:1 interview followed by group exercise. Very good experience, learnt a lot about the Company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, I was asked to relate my previous group experiences   Answer Question