CGI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017
1,107 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter I met at career event and had a short phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was invited to interview on site. At one of the CGI office, I had a lunch and two thirty minute interviews. They asked mostly behavioral questions involving my past experience working in groups.

Interview Questions

• Examples of a time when a group member is not pulling their weight and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I first came into contact with CGI at my college's career fair. The recruiter looked over my resume and seemed pleased enough to let me interview with them the next day. The interview was a standard 30 minute "get to know you" type of interview. The interviewer was a recent hire/graduate and was very friendly. All you have to do is know what's on your resume and know how to talk about yourself. He did ask me a question to see how I think on my feet, which I answered incorrectly -- however they still emailed me about 2 weeks later to let me know they wanted to move forward with on-site interviews (functional role: 30-min behavior & 30-min functional interview).

For the onsite interview you first sit in a big room with other candidates and listen to a 30 minute presentation conducted by an employee (history of company/benefits...) and then it's time for lunch. You eat lunch in the same room and a few recent hires join in. They sit in front of everyone and candidates are given the opportunity to ask questions about their time at the company so far. Really cool. Then it's time for the interviews! Honestly, if you're the type to get nervous/anxious before interviews (me!), relax. This will be the least stressful interview ever. The interviewers are really friendly and make every effort to avoid any awkwardness. The interview was more of a conversation than constant questions being lobbed at you. My first interviewer was a young woman who had worked at the company for a couple of years (and was happy with it). She briefly asked me about my resume and background, mostly talking about my major. She only asked me 2 behavioral questions, pretty easy standard teamwork/project questions. The next interviewer was an employee that had worked at the company for 10+ years. Him and I mostly talked about my resume and what I learned from each position I had before. We also talked about my extracurricular activities (i.e. youtube, tutoring.) which made the interview fun since I talked about things I enjoyed doing. We ended up running out of time but continued talking on the elevator ride down. Both interviewers make the interview very relaxed and chill, which helped calm my nerves. And neither took notes, which I found odd (but also helped make it feel less like an interview). I recommend you know your resume very well and think of examples to talk about (i.e. teamwork/project).

Received an offer the following week and negotiated, and accepted. Their emphasis on work/life balance (combined with decent pay, good location, and enthusiastic/friendly employees) sold the company to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you weren't able to finish an assignment for a client.   Answer Question

Passport Support I Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

The interview was brief. He asked a few questions and explained what the job consisted of and the process it would take to background approved. It was not stressful at all. The previous interview ran over and I sat in the lobby for 10 minutes after my interview should have started with no on coming out to introduce themselves or explain why there were late. There was no one to greet you when you walk in the lobby. I am just starting my background check.
    I am wondering if anyone had problems with their credit report and was denied employment? They mentioned they do an extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years?
      Why did you choose this job?
      What type of work environment do you like to work in?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my school and was offered an interview the next day after speaking with them. They emailed me within a week and we planned an interview for two weeks later.

Systems Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Sterling, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the system deployment team (one being the supervisor). The interview was in the afternoon and took approximately forty minutes. I was asked a range of questions on Windows server configuration as well as Windows 7

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SAN and NAS   Answer Question
    • What are some things to consider before running a sysprep for a Windows 7 image?   Answer Question
    • What are some steps to take before installing Active Directory on WIndows Server 2008 R2?   Answer Question
    • If users couldn't print to one specific printer what are some steps you would take to troubleshoot that one printer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very approachable and instantly gave ease to a normal anxious process. They asked questions about experiences applied in specific situations. I felt the questions were fairly easy and was confident with my response.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, established a time, and conducted a brief phone interview. Recruiters are very friendly and nice, and will answer any questions you have about the company. Then in-person interview if they thought you were a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel in group-settings? Have you done group work before?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview process was easy. We were shown a powerpoint slide about the positions available and the company. There was a short tour of the office. Three 30 minute interviews then followed. Standard behavioral questions were asked. They said they would get back to me within two weeks, but I never got a reply. I emailed them afterwards but still no reply.

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in November 2016 shortly after a career fair held at my university. I was asked to respond with my set of skills. Within a week i was asked to come in for an on site interview. I showed up and they were extremely friendly and inviting. Everyone answered every question that i had. The in campus interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Afterwards was a lunch panel with a few recent hires. At the conclusion of the interview we were told that we would be be contacted with an offer within 2 weeks. 6 weeks have passed and i have not recieved a call or email, despite reaching out to them weekly since 3 weeks of waiting and no response.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start today what would be 3 principles that you would live by!   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Asked about resume, past experience, and ended with a coding challenge and a challenge where code was presented and you needed to identify errors and what code did. Overall, it was average interview process. Behavorial questions were also asked on the phone prior to the onsite interview where they asked the things mentioned above