CGI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017
1,287 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed initially on my campus after meeting CGI at a job fair. The first interview was a pretty standard behavioral. I was then invited up to their headquarters for a follow up and go learn more about the company. I was sent an offer letter about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond what your job asked for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Process involved two interviews, first one very standard, questions about yourself, personality, how you react in different situations. The second interview, my interviewer spoke most of the time, which worried me as I didn't really get to explain much of my thinking, skills, or mindset to him.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation that you were in and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about the concept of multi-tasking?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI in September 2017.

Interview

On-campus behavioral interview about technical, research and work experience. Final round "super-day" at CGI Headquarters in Fairfax. Two 30 minute behavioral interviews about technical experience/expertise, and a luncheon/presentation with CGI employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work on a big research project you knew nothing about-How did you approach that problem?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

This was a straightforward interview process, with the recruiter describing the organization and expectations of the open position. The recruiter was professional and approachable. The conversation itself was probably less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked if I was familiar with the company. I recommend educating yourself on the company prior to scheduling an interview.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I talked with a recruiter at a job fair, the recruiter signed me up for an interview the next day on campus. The first interview was a typical behavioral interview where they went through my resume and asked me a couple questions about CGI/CGI history (none of which I knew).

Two weeks later I was invited to an onsite interview. I wish they gave us more notice about this interview, the interview was on Friday and they send the invitation on Sunday asking for confirmation within 48 hours. The onsite interview consisted of a short presentation about CGI followed by two interviews. I originally applied for the technical analyst position but for some reason both interviewers interviewed me for the functional analyst position. However, when I told my second interviewer that I was interested in the technical analyst position he switched over and gave me a technical interview. The behavioral interview was generic and the technical interview required pseudo code. I received an offer a week later.

I declined my offer because the salary was not very competitive and the company culture was very stiff and unfriendly.

Entry Level Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Troy, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

They contacted me through college recruiting. Had phone interview. Very friendly and just wanted to get to know me. Followed up with invitation to on-site interview soon. Will have technical tests and panel interview. Also will have lunch with recent college grads/hires

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI (Albany, NY).

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter about 2 days after I applied online. Set up an interview for within a week. The interview was very comfortable with 2 staff members. I heard back with an offer than evening.

Interview Questions

• If I had any knowledge regarding HUD and section 8 housing.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CGI in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the position and decided a phone interview would be set up by a coordinator. (Great!) The coordinator sent an email the next day with a set interview date/time. No discussion about agreeable options. It was changed and confirmed by email. Early in the morning on the day of the interview, the coordinator updated the calendar invite with the word "Cancelled" added to the front and no other changes. I had to reach out to find out what happened. The cancellation was confirmed by email with no acknowledgement of how poorly it was handled.

Passport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy interview, lasted a few mins, nice manager . Seemed like a busy environment , but pleasant staff. They're looking for people with personality, so if you're a people person, they'll love you.

Entry Level SQL Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

applied through employee referral, had a Skype interview after 1 week , the employee asked some basic questions in SQL, it went for 15 odd minutes and got feedback in 2 days