CGI Junior IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions with some basic technical questions. Overall the person that interview me was pretty nice and I felt like there was no pressure on the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I gave them my resume at their booth at a career fair. I received an email a week later from HR asking to set up 3 phone interviews within the next few days. The questions were primarily behavioral and less on the technology side. I think they were just trying to gauge how you would fit on the team on a personal level, such as whether or not you'd be fun or easy to work with and if you would generate any problems with the team and if you were a team player. HR was quick to respond to emails and the interviewers were calm and nice. I'd say it was a pleasant experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What are the two best qualities a team leader should have and why? What kind of test code do you run on your programs and how do you think them up?   Answer Question

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Applied through my university and was accepted for an interview. The interview was simply going through my resume. The CGI employee asked me a few behavioral questions but for the most part it was conversational. Know a little about CGI because they will ask you that question. Also, they asked me to name a time i had multiple options to solve a problem and had to choose one. If you get accepted to the next round, they invite you to their office in Lebanon Virginia where you interview with a functional, technical, and management teams.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had multiple options to solve a problem and how did you choose it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

They had a group presentation with a basic overview of the company. This followed with a Q & A with three younger employees who all had good things to say about the company. The flexible hours seem to be pretty hyped up. Hotel/Travel is paid for. Interview process consist of three separate interviews: a leadership, technical, and analytical. I was pretty impressed with everything in general other than the geographic location of the office. Other than that this seems like it would be a great company to start of at for an IT Consultant.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would settle a dispute between two employees you supervised.   Answer Question

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through employee referral. It took a month for the complete process. Next was HR interview with headhunter and techincal interview with manager and team leader and architect. They asked basic java questions and behavioural questions.

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Regina, SK (Canada)).

Interview

it was usual process, HR Interview and Technical Interview. Technical interview was regarding all the ITIL Process and general troubleshooting process.HR Questions was generic ones and the ones which all HR Team asks.Interview was consist of total two phase. First phase was on the phone and second one in person with two managers.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Access Request and Incident   1 Answer

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Surat (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

first their is written test after that they selected the students from every branch and the started their ppt at 3:45 pm and after the ppt they started the PI. then finally at 9pm they came to mechanical and chemical students and tell that your coding skills is not good as of the students of computer science if you don't know about the c c++ or java then you please go. they made a statement after wasting the 6 hours.

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

They had come for on campus drive.First the test was conducted.Then the interview process.They lacked proper management.They came for junior software profile and did not asked any technical.They asked puzzles.Even tough everyone answered it,they did not select anyone from our campus.

Interview Questions

• First round was the written.It was tough.It included everything eg technical ,maths and english.Second round was face to face interview.Very easy puzzles and no technical questions.   Answer Question

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I applied online, the process lasted about 2 weeks. 1st interview was with the HR, many of the standard questions, "who are you", "where do you took school", "what did you do", "what did you want to do". 2nd interview were 3 questions about java...the ones you can search on the internet by "java interview questions"...like differences between abstract classes and interfaces (that one i remember).

Interview Questions

• 3 questions about java...the ones you can search on the internet by "java interview questions"...like differences between abstract classes and interfaces (that one i remember)   Answer Question

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Lisbon (Portugal)) in January 2015.

Interview

Nicely done and super relaxed. An interview done through skype. I liked it and I have no objections. The process was not very clear at some times but on other times it was. You never knew, what was going to happen next.