CGI Interview Questions in Lebanon, VA | Glassdoor

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter requesting information about my graduation year and skills. After I replied, I had a phone interview later that week. No difficult questions were asked. Then got invited for the second round interviews. It started out as a group presentation, then we were split up to do the interviews. There were 3 interviews that lasted 30 minuted each. The interviewers were just normal employees. Sometimes they would interrupt me while I was answering a question. Afterwards, the recruiter told us we would receive phone calls within 2 weeks with an offer or rejection. I never received a phone call or even an email.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position through a college recruiter at our semester job fair. The interview process consisted of a brief one-on-one interview the week of the job fair, and a three part interview at the location for which they were hiring at about three weeks after the job fair. The location I visited was in Lebanon, VA. Every interviewer I met with was very friendly and fairly easy to talk to.However, one interviewer I talked with I might have gotten along too well with. We had a very friendly conversation, but each interview was timed and we did not get through all of the interview questions prepared for me. Another of my interviews took a call in the middle of the interview and was gone for a good portion of our allotted twenty-five minutes. Overall this interview process was a positive experience, I just wish our time would have been managed better.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted in three phases totaling a little over three hours of interviews. The first phase was with an HR manager. The HR manager didn't know much about the internship roles or processes. Most of the discussion was about CGI as a company, its structure and the various positions. The next phase of the interview was with technical management. We discussed databases and coding detail from my resume. They also had a few STAR questions. The final part of the interview was with an individual contributor from the technical team. We discussed more details about databases and several critical thinking and coding questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were a supervisor, how would you deal with a team member who isn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question
    • Three light switches are in the attic. They control three basement lights. You don't know which switch connects to which light. You have one trip to the basement. How do you figure it out?   1 Answer
    • Write a SQL statement to query a given set of tables for a specific set of results.   1 Answer

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The CGI recruiters attended our college employer showcase on campus. There were two of them and the setting was relaxed and enjoyable. Since it was early in the morning, there were only a few students and we had the opportunity for some good one on one conversations with both of them. She reviewed my resume and said to expect an email in a couple of days. Received an email the next day requesting a phone interview. Set up the time for the phone interview and she called exactly at the time specified. The interview went smoothly recapping some of the topics discussed in person, with some additional questions technical and personal.

Interview Questions

• When you are talking to someone about a technical problem and the person does not understand technical jargon, what approach do you take to communicate to someone who may not understand technical language?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a personality screening/ interview. Next, you are invited to interview in Lebanon, VA. In Lebanon there are three one on one strategic thinking interviews. You also get a tour of the facility, a presentation, and a meet and greet with recent hires.

Interview Questions

• 3 Light switches in the attic, one flipped. 3 lightbulbs downstairs, match the lightbulbs to the light switches.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA).

Interview

The recruited through campus recruiting. First had a screening interview on campus and was invited for on site interviews thereafter. The dinner the night before my actual on site interviews served as a confidence booster for my actual interviews. The employees I met were very help in explaining the interview process.

I had 3 interviews, 1 technical, 1 behavioral and I'm not sure what to call the last one but I only had one question that was kind of like a puzzle. The technical interview was not that difficult. It was a short 5 questions on OOP/Java/SQL and then a white board question where I was asked to implement a function that computes the factorial of a number.

You get a tour of their offices. Form my perception of the people, I'll say they have a very good work/life balance and most of the employees seem very happy to be working there.

I got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function that compute factorial of a number. -- This is not difficult but I'm required to fill this out so   Answer Question

Salary is below industry average but this is expected given the location of their campuses.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

I had first talked to a HR rep at my school and then I applied online. I was contacted by a HR rep from the Lebanon, VA office to set up a phone interview with them. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and was just a basic HR interview to see my background and what I have done in school. Then I was contacted again through email to come up to VA for an interview. Interview was an all day process, where you did a panel discussion with current employers and the HR gave a presentation about the company. Then there were three 30 minute interviews, a technical, general HR portion, and an analysis portion. They are always asking for you to ask them questions. They want to see how interested you are in there company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to hard. General HR questions. Asked to a simple method using an array list. Then general oop questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Consisted of 3 30-minute interviews, as well as a presentation discussing CGI as a company. The interviews asked me about Object-Oriented programming, coding experience, and theoretical scenarios and how you would deal with them. Some questions are verbal, while others ask you to write code on the fly on a white-board. They were pretty straight-forward. They may also ask you a brain teaser or two near the end. They will also ask you questions related to what you put on your resume, so make sure you're confident with what's on your resume.

There were about 8-12 people there interviewing for the same position, so it seemed very competitive.

Interview Questions

• A worker is to perform work for you for seven straight days. In return for his work, you will pay him 1/7th of a bar of gold per day. The worker requires a daily payment of 1/7th of the bar of gold. If you were only able to make 2 cuts to the gold bar, describe how this will allow you to pay him 1/7th each day?   2 Answers

Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

My Interview was different, i don't remember applying for the position but got an email from a recruiter within the company to come to a college hire event held at the Lebanon,VA office. I wasn't able to attend both events i was invited to. The recruiter offer to set me up with a phone interview, i agreed and the next week i had 3 separate phone interviews with members on the project. After having the 3 separate interviews, i received a call the following week stating they wanted to offer me the position. Too excited i took the position without doing any research on the location and relocation package was not great.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions
      1. You have 3 light switches at the top of the basement stairs, you only get on chance to determine which light switch turns on the lightbulb in the basement? (Paraphrase - Don't remember exact question)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. I met them at the career fair at my school and handed them my resume. I received an e-mail from the HR that they would like to interview with on campus. The interview date was set a day or two after the career fair. It was very easy. Then they invited to come for an on-site interview. Once I was made it for the interview.
    It was again very very easy. BE AWARE: if you expect to make a market level salary, then look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• There are not any hard questions. I was asked to explain what polymorphous is. And what is the difference between XML and HTML.   Answer Question