CGI Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2016

2.5

Passport Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was easy, with typical questions. I got an offer by phone and asked to stop by the office, then when I showed up to the office the managers told me that I was there for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be ready to wait for months to get your background check done.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Talked with a representative there, and was called in for a one-on-one personal interview. The questions were behavioral, nothing technical. They asked questions about myself, my interests, and questions about the company, etc. I was looking for more of a software developer position, and maybe it's how I answered questions, but I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to work in groups, and your teammates weren't giving their input.   Answer Question

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I gave them my resume at their booth at a career fair. I received an email a week later from HR asking to set up 3 phone interviews within the next few days. The questions were primarily behavioral and less on the technology side. I think they were just trying to gauge how you would fit on the team on a personal level, such as whether or not you'd be fun or easy to work with and if you would generate any problems with the team and if you were a team player. HR was quick to respond to emails and the interviewers were calm and nice. I'd say it was a pleasant experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What are the two best qualities a team leader should have and why? What kind of test code do you run on your programs and how do you think them up?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with a recruiter after a campus college fair. He told me right away that I would be contacted for the next steps. The next round was an on-site interview with 3 individuals working on different projects. The first two went really well, but the last one told me directly that he had a hard time envisioning me "excited about what I would be working on at CGI." Whether that was a tactic used to tell me to try and convince him that I really wanted the position, or if he was just being straightforward, I only really learned exactly about the role and expectations during that interview process and felt that he was probably right.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where I had to share a leadership position   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Signed up through school recruiting program. Was invited to an interview on campus.

Interview Questions

The location I originally signed up for was no longer available. They offered me an interview for another location that was too far for me.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very good interview process hr was very friendly

Junior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Three interviewers one at time; I have two consultant and a software developer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. Make sure to ask questions about the job and the company because one of my interviewers (a consultant) seem bored and not interested. I think because he interviews group of candidates, so when it get to the last one (me), he gave me the impression he wants to get the process over with and go to lunch.

Interview Questions

• The wasn't any difficult questions, but the one question I remember was how do you explain technical concepts to a regular person/customer?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I met with 3 individuals; one would be my eventual team lead, one was the manager who oversaw the team, and one was another manager who was in another department. The interview was very laid back and casual. They went through my resume, asked why I wanted to be part of the team, and asked if I had any questions. It was pretty generic and there were no extremely tough questions. It seemed more of a personality check than anything.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you solved a problem in your previous experiences.   Answer Question

Entry-Level IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

This was a one-on-one interview with a college recruiter. It lasted about 30 minutes and no difficult behavioural nor technical questions were asked. The recruiter began by describing the position I applied for, followed by a brief conversation about a previous internship experience of mine. The overall interview experience was neutral, as I wish the representative had been a little more conversational.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

After initial phone interview, met with hiring manager, and department director. The interview process was laid-back, opposite of rapid-fire questions.
    The in-house recruiter was helpful in providing me information about the interviewing process, and who all I would meet, and answered my questions regarding each of their background.

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy about your role at (former Employer)?   1 Answer