CGI Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.6

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI in December 2016.

Interview

I had a brief informal phone call with a recruiter. She said that she would follow-up but she did not respond to emails and her phone number was disconnected. The recruiter did not specify the time zone for the call (I and the position were in Mountain Time, the recruiter was in Eastern Time) so there was a scheduling mix up but rescheduling was easy.

Interview Questions

• There were no planned questions, she just told me about the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with senior recruiter coordination done via email with the recruiter at her initiation. Recruiter pleasant and professional! Interview was preliminary filtering interview prior to in-person interview for final hire decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself? What projects have you managed? What is your SDLC experience? Be detailed. What are your strengths as a project manager? What questions do you have forme?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really short, I spent more time waiting than actually being interviewed. The man who interviewed me was very nice and it was very conversational. The HR person who set up the interview was very unorganized and did not confirm a time or location until the night before. But other than that it was a good experience. The questions were very straight forward. Since I interviewed for the project manager position, I was asked a lot of teamwork/ leadership skills questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision with many different options.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to explain technical jargon to people who did not know the terms.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group of unmotivated people.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

2 Phone interviews and face to face with panel

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Candidate undergoes the screening process. Once successful the candidate is called for a face to face interview or telephonic. In the later case there should be one face to face again.
    Generally 2 rounds of technical interview before the Candidate is put to HR person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join CGI?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

After submitting the application through website, I got a call from HR after two weeks. He asked some very basic questions and mentioned there would be another phone interview with manager and director from Montreal. More than two weeks later, a meeting was scheduled. I responded to all questions during the interview. Questions mostly were standard and behavior. I thought the interview went quite well. Another two weeks pass by, finally I received a phone call from HR informed me that the resource originally working in this job decided to stay with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, the interviewers knew what they were looking for. Two person panel. Gave a good impression. Questions were very straight forward and the interviewers were very honest putting me at ease immediately.

Interview Questions

• Have you managed multiple projects at once if so how do you prioritise?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CGI (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview is Quite Simple and will ask few things related to my previous work.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

The usual 45 mins with 3 Management level employees, asking generic interview questions. The position was hired for specific project so some questions asked were related to the project type specific questions. overall atmosphere was pleasant. All interviewers appeared to be nice at the interview...........................................................................................................................................

Interview Questions

• What's your strength and weakness   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI in April 2012.

Interview

Interview is quite below expectation. They don't follow much PMBOK standards. The Management does not know much about Project Management Skill. I think when they hire PMs they see their previous Employer. So, don't worry about interview.