CGI Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.6

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview and an in-person interview. Pretty typical in most aspects. The phone interview was mostly technical questions and lasted about 20 minutes. The in-person interview was with management and lasted about 15 minutes. Offer was made quickly after last interview, within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are the FSMO roles and what is a tool you can use to manage them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was a little broken, but that happens on occasion. Several phone interviews over a few weeks with questions relating to business and industry knowledge. In-person interview was laid out in a typical fashion with the meeting of multiple people in the leadership. Went well, despite being provided the wrong location by the recruiter.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Was contacted by HR department regarding my resume posted on a public website -- conversation led to discussing job description and then scheduling a follow up phone interview to discuss previous experience. Was then flown to project site to meet with 3 managers, 1 behavioral type of conversation and 2 interviews focusing on process and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Had not worked with offshore delivery teams -- stated so and chose to answer the question with a hypothetical list of pro's and con's.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tough but was able to get +4k.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CGI (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen with HR, then an in-person interview with the Director and a Senior Consultant I'd be working with. There were no technical questions - it was more of a culture fit. The interviewers made it comfortable, but in hind sight, I was unprepared. I wish I had asked more questions about the company, what they do, and gained more insight into the environment/business.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with these technologies?
      Have you worked on related projects?
      Do you have any questions about the project?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Process was smooth.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I was originally hired over six years ago so this may be outdated. Had a phone interview with recruiter, then one on one in person interview with three individuals one of whom is the hiring manager.

I actually left the company and came back after a few months. Interview was managers from the teams I used to work with. It was a panel interview but ended up informal because I knew them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I actually rejected them at first when recruiter told me they probably won't pay what I asked for. I was going to stay with my current company at the time when they promised to bump my salary if I stayed. CGI then called back and offered me $2K more plus a $1K signing bonus.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

I had one phone interview with HR person and one face-to-face interview with hiring manager and technical lead. Questions were mostly related to my previous experience. Technical questions were not very difficult and were asked with intention to check whether I really know the stuff I wrote in my resume. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe major differences between Hibernate and MyBatis   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

I was contacted through Linkedin by one of CGI's recruiters. We emailed back and forth and exchanged phone calls regarding questions that I had. Once all questions were answered, I decided to proceed with the process. I passed the phone screen with the manager for the project and went in for a face-to-face interview with the client. All went well and I received an offer. Everything was handled professionally and the total time it touch from initial contact to being hired was around a month.

Negotiation

I was given an initial offer, but replied it was too low. So my recruiter went back and gave them my minimum number. A day later my recruiter informed me that my minimum was authorized and signed off.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI in November 2012.

Interview

Contacted by email. Worked with recruiter to further define skill set/experience from resume found on job board. First phone interview was horrible; I followed up with the recruiter since I knew it was bad. The recruiter gave me feedback from the phone interview that I found funny and was shocked by the feedback. The recruiter was glad I followed up (do not give up) - the next phone interview for a different position was positive and I was scheduled the following week with a face-to-face interview. I was offered the job the next day at a higher pay than I had indicated and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews are tough - the first interview I was asked about the difference in agile and waterfall methodology. The interviewer was impatient and was difficult to connect with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to negotiate. I received more money than asked for and the vacation time I indicated I wanted.