CGI Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter and checked my background skill for the position and took some available dates from me for the phone interview. It was Not so easy but if you are technically good then you can crack the interview.

Interview Questions

Got an other good offer so declined

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews first technical then other round of technical with manager and then HR. Interview was easy not so tough. All the rounds for me was telephonic and over the skype and took around two month for the whole process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Hr will get back to you. Schedule at per time. They will ask with in the scope of the resume. They will except clear answers and looking for easy mingle people. they will release as soon as interview finish.

Interview Questions

• Have you done testing in our old project.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CGI (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of Interview

1- Technical - I ( in this round they asked about basics of C#.NET, Asp.Net MVC.
    2- Technical - II (in this round they asked about design pattern, solid pattern and scenario based questions
    3- HR ( in this round more about salary negotiation)

Interview Questions

• Basics of Asp.Net MVC, C#, JQuery and AngularJs , like: difference between Abstract vs
      Interface   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process had four rounds, where in the first two sessions were technical discussions & the preceding two interactions had one with the hiring manager & the onsite coordinator. These sessions were more of introducing myself with the kind of knowledge acquired in working with multiple clients. Technical interview sessions went for a duration of 45 mins to 60 mins, where the questions were interrelated to the answers.

1. What are the new features which have been brought up in the upcoming release of the product.

Example: (Differences between WMB V8.0 & IIB V9.0)

2. Integrating IIB with WTX Using the WTX plugin in IIB.

3. Global Cache.

4. Record & Replay.

Interview Questions

• The technical assessment was into the technology aspects of my knowledge & its usage ranging through various implementations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not Satisifactory

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Cleared twice within 3 months but no offer..
    Java/J2EE with 5 years exp. attended interview twice in Nov 2015 and Feb 2016, both the times it was weekend drive. after clearing two technical round, HR used to tell you have cleared the interview HR team will get in touch for further discussion. But did not get any call both times. waste company.. later checked with other guys who waited for HR discussion also didnt get call back

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Telephonic discussion --- technical, manager
    In-person if are in same city where are get hired.

Interview is generally on the profile which are hiring ... one technical round from CGI team & another with client round u need to visit CGI office for this & they will arrange telephonic.

Interview Questions

• general question which i faced in other companies.. no difference   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

There will be one technical discussion and one techno-managerial discussion. The interviewer was a joker, probably some support guy who is taking interview. He by-hearted some java questions but mostly he had no coding experience. After writing 5-6 coding problems(pretty simple ones, college level code), the next questions were basically wrong, he has no idea about exception hierarchy. In the interview I had to make him understand that he was not right. For the first time , I have seen an interviewer got confused in front of me. The next questions were related to spring , and eeb design...and to make fun of him, I started with angular and HATEOAS. This made him to stop the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. write a code to find duplicates in an array   2 Answers
    • write bubble sort and find completely   2 Answers
    • Find duplicates in binary search   Answer Question
    • how to read key value pair from property file   1 Answer
    • One scenario given, how will I design in spring hibernate   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Worst interview I have ever seen. No proper arrangement. I have cleared all rounds and I was asked to submit documents. Then after I have got no updates on my interview. I just wasted a day.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CGI (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Telephonic. Brief and precise. Focused on skills and knowledge. Two stage interview and then the HR negotiation. They were flexible in fixing the time for the interview call. Asked only relevant questions. The interview process too only 2 weeks which was swift, but created pressure to join before the time period discussed

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. Tell me about your background. How you will rate yourself in a specific skill   Answer Question