CGI Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

CGI Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

After speaking with them at my campus job fair, i was offered to interview on campus for a second round. Then was asked to visit them for a final round at their headquarters in Fairfax, VA. The onsite interview day consisted of a short presentation discussing the benefits being offered at CGI. After, they dismissed the group of interviewees to conduct individual interviews being one on one with a manager. After we were brought back to the original room where they dismissed us for another one on one interview with another manager. After the interviews were complete we were brought back to the orignial room and were provided lunch and were placed in front a group of 5-6 recent college hires where they answered any questions that we may have. I received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Basic STAR interview questions, and wanted me to explain every aspect of my resume.
      The technical questions asked were based off what was listed on my resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter I met at career event and had a short phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was invited to interview on site. At one of the CGI office, I had a lunch and two thirty minute interviews. They asked mostly behavioral questions involving my past experience working in groups.

Interview Questions

• Examples of a time when a group member is not pulling their weight and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I first came into contact with CGI at my college's career fair. The recruiter looked over my resume and seemed pleased enough to let me interview with them the next day. The interview was a standard 30 minute "get to know you" type of interview. The interviewer was a recent hire/graduate and was very friendly. All you have to do is know what's on your resume and know how to talk about yourself. He did ask me a question to see how I think on my feet, which I answered incorrectly -- however they still emailed me about 2 weeks later to let me know they wanted to move forward with on-site interviews (functional role: 30-min behavior & 30-min functional interview).

For the onsite interview you first sit in a big room with other candidates and listen to a 30 minute presentation conducted by an employee (history of company/benefits...) and then it's time for lunch. You eat lunch in the same room and a few recent hires join in. They sit in front of everyone and candidates are given the opportunity to ask questions about their time at the company so far. Really cool. Then it's time for the interviews! Honestly, if you're the type to get nervous/anxious before interviews (me!), relax. This will be the least stressful interview ever. The interviewers are really friendly and make every effort to avoid any awkwardness. The interview was more of a conversation than constant questions being lobbed at you. My first interviewer was a young woman who had worked at the company for a couple of years (and was happy with it). She briefly asked me about my resume and background, mostly talking about my major. She only asked me 2 behavioral questions, pretty easy standard teamwork/project questions. The next interviewer was an employee that had worked at the company for 10+ years. Him and I mostly talked about my resume and what I learned from each position I had before. We also talked about my extracurricular activities (i.e. youtube, tutoring.) which made the interview fun since I talked about things I enjoyed doing. We ended up running out of time but continued talking on the elevator ride down. Both interviewers make the interview very relaxed and chill, which helped calm my nerves. And neither took notes, which I found odd (but also helped make it feel less like an interview). I recommend you know your resume very well and think of examples to talk about (i.e. teamwork/project).

Received an offer the following week and negotiated, and accepted. Their emphasis on work/life balance (combined with decent pay, good location, and enthusiastic/friendly employees) sold the company to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you weren't able to finish an assignment for a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my school and was offered an interview the next day after speaking with them. They emailed me within a week and we planned an interview for two weeks later.

Systems Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Sterling, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the system deployment team (one being the supervisor). The interview was in the afternoon and took approximately forty minutes. I was asked a range of questions on Windows server configuration as well as Windows 7

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SAN and NAS   Answer Question
    • What are some things to consider before running a sysprep for a Windows 7 image?   Answer Question
    • What are some steps to take before installing Active Directory on WIndows Server 2008 R2?   Answer Question
    • If users couldn't print to one specific printer what are some steps you would take to troubleshoot that one printer?   Answer Question

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in November 2016 shortly after a career fair held at my university. I was asked to respond with my set of skills. Within a week i was asked to come in for an on site interview. I showed up and they were extremely friendly and inviting. Everyone answered every question that i had. The in campus interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Afterwards was a lunch panel with a few recent hires. At the conclusion of the interview we were told that we would be be contacted with an offer within 2 weeks. 6 weeks have passed and i have not recieved a call or email, despite reaching out to them weekly since 3 weeks of waiting and no response.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start today what would be 3 principles that you would live by!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had on campus interview with CGI in November. Then I got invited for in person interview in December. It was a panel interview; two people interviewed me. One was the behavior interview and another one was technical interview. It is a little difficult to contact with recruiter there. But the best way is to keep email them for an update. Finally, 2 weeks later, I heard back from them with a congratulation email.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through college, passed first on campus interview and then the on-site interview as well. On campus interview was pretty easy, just basic questions like tell me about yourself and why choose CGI and what makes you a good fit with CGI and describe when you made a hard decision etc. For the on-site interview, they had 2 back to back interviews. In the first one I was asked kinda similar questions but then I was asked to write a simple coding thing, which I've written below. 2nd interview was basically, tell me about yourself. I think they wanted to ask more but unfortunately I got ahead of myself and inadvertently dominated the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Write code using any language (even pseudo code) that prints numbers from 1 to 100, but if the number is divisible by 5, print fizz. if it is divisible by 3, print buzz. if it is divisible by both 5 and 3, print fizzbuzz. That's all   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Went to the career fair and got an email back couple of days later to set up a phone interview. Then went to an onsite interview and got the results couple weeks after.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to the IT Intern position, specifically for the functional business intern position, after speaking with CGI representatives at my campus. I applied online, and was contacted to have an on campus interview in the next couple of weeks. A week later I was invited down to CGI (Fairfax, VA) for a series of 2 interviews and a luncheon with recent full time college hires. All interviews were behavioral (though I explicitly was applying for a functional role, and not a technical role). They did ask what technical background I had, but as a History and Government major I was honest and they received my answer well.

Interview Questions

• What project have you worked on that required collaboration to complete successfully?   Answer Question