CGI Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.5

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

CGI acquired the company I was working for (Stanley Associates, Inc) and things for me started to go down hill. CGI acquired more companies and the new management did not think I was a good fit for the direction the accounting department was headed in, so I was dismissed.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

my initial communications were with the person who referred me to the open position. the position started off being just a junior level administrative assistant. i was able to parlay that into a higher level administrative position - project administrator. this position was a blank palate; i was going to have the opportunity to create it from scratch**.

i did a good deal of research about project administration, and what that position would entail on a general level. then i did a lot of research about the company, their recent successes/acquisitions, their field, and how a project administrator would fit into their mix.

the office was immaculate and very organized. crisp in color scheme, very modern look. people were friendly, and i was pointed in the right direction every step of the way. it's' important to be a little early to interviews here, because the executives schedules change around during the day. being there, in case they are ready to interview immediately, is a bonus. they look favorably on those who are always ready.

the work culture - i knew that the company would be busy, because they are in high demand and a big competitor in the IT industry. they are a HEAVY hitter. in my research, i found that CGI had just acquired logica - a european IT firm, with over 35k employees - which doubled their employee base. the executives who hired me were very impressed with the fact that i knew that. DO YOUR RESEARCH before you interview here. know their competitors, and if you can, know their most recent activity, or most significant activity. be sure to ask questions when asked "do you have any questions". interview them! engage in conversation and be friendly but focused.

i interviewed on a wednesday morning - i had a series of back to back interviews. i learned that in the past, they would conduct their series of interviews on different days, and with different people; but they recognized that turns people off from finishing the process, and it dwindles their number of prospects down tremendously. however, the series of interviews within the same day, takes a LOT of preparation - especially when you don't know exactly "who" you're interviewing with. so i had to be prepared for just about any question.

i interviewed with a total of 7 people - 3 of which were at the director/VP level, and who i would be working with directly. the other 4 were executive assistants who i would be occasionally working with to complete projects. the first three interviews were conducted separately, by each of the directors/VPs. each interview was 45 minutes long. the final interview was with the 4 executive assistants - and it was more a debriefing than a real interview. they wanted to know if i had specific questions about the position.

the entire process took about 4 hours. it was a long day. but i found out a few hours later that all 3 directors/VPs wrote long reviews about me, and wanted to hire me on the spot, but needed to confer with each other first. i was called the next morning and offered the position.

**there are other PAs in the company (i found out later), who work on one specific project at a time, on one client site.

Interview Questions

• why would you be a good fit in this role, and where would you like to take it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate very well. i asked if the position would offer about $3k more than what was discussed, and i was told no. so i accepted the offer, and i still regret it. whatever you're offered here, if it's less than your minimum, be frank, and let them know that you're not able to accept their offer if the salary is less than your minimum. this is a huge company with a ton of financial resources - don't be afraid to stand your ground. i'm still struggling now, even after over a year of employment and providing them with experienced proof that i'm more than qualified to do what i do (and i've surprised them with my knowledge of certain processes), i have only gotten a scheduled raise of $2k (which is still $1k less than my minimum salary requirement - a slap in the face), and i do way more than what is listed on my requirements profile.

know your worth!

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Applied online for position. Got call a 3 weeks later from someone asking to clarify what skills I put on my resume and if I have certain skills. I got a call a few weeks later to come in for an interview to meet with the technical leads of the project. It was a technical talk to get an understanding of what I knew and what I've done. I was asked to explain certain processes and concepts of software design and/or processes. Less than 2 hours after the interview, I received an offer on the phone. I had to submit a couple more forms to undergo the standard background checks and a college transcript to verify my education. Upon clearing background check (my choice), I agreed to show up for work.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question were to explain client/server architecture. It wasn't very specific and a topic that can involve a lot of detail   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, on site interview. The company was looking for someone to be in a leadership position. They asked many general and job specific questions pertaining to job skills.

Interview Questions

• How to you handle difficult clients   1 Answer
    • What was the most difficult project you have done   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR is very good at negotiating salaries. Be sure to have a cut off point for yourself.

SOA Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview lasted an hour and half and was straightforward and the interviewers were very good in asking decent questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure security is taken into account when dealing with federal clients   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

Dropped a resume with our college career services system and got a phone call from their recruiter. Had a great discussion on the phone and within a few hours scheduled an interview onsite. They were very flexible with the timing of when I could interview. The interview onsite went very well and I felt at ease speaking with them.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a group project where you were in a leadership position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

On-site interview included two separate members of the Fairfax office team. Each included basic background questions along with behavioral questions. There were also a few questions about why I personally saw myself as a fit with the company and in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit in the business analyst role at CGI?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter I met at career event and had a short phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was invited to interview on site. At one of the CGI office, I had a lunch and two thirty minute interviews. They asked mostly behavioral questions involving my past experience working in groups.

Interview Questions

• Examples of a time when a group member is not pulling their weight and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Systems Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Sterling, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the system deployment team (one being the supervisor). The interview was in the afternoon and took approximately forty minutes. I was asked a range of questions on Windows server configuration as well as Windows 7

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SAN and NAS   Answer Question
    • What are some things to consider before running a sysprep for a Windows 7 image?   Answer Question
    • What are some steps to take before installing Active Directory on WIndows Server 2008 R2?   Answer Question
    • If users couldn't print to one specific printer what are some steps you would take to troubleshoot that one printer?   Answer Question