CGI Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to the IT Intern position, specifically for the functional business intern position, after speaking with CGI representatives at my campus. I applied online, and was contacted to have an on campus interview in the next couple of weeks. A week later I was invited down to CGI (Fairfax, VA) for a series of 2 interviews and a luncheon with recent full time college hires. All interviews were behavioral (though I explicitly was applying for a functional role, and not a technical role). They did ask what technical background I had, but as a History and Government major I was honest and they received my answer well.

Interview Questions

• What project have you worked on that required collaboration to complete successfully?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

On-site interview included two separate members of the Fairfax office team. Each included basic background questions along with behavioral questions. There were also a few questions about why I personally saw myself as a fit with the company and in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit in the business analyst role at CGI?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward. They already know about your background based on the resume you submitted and I believe most of the interview focused on getting to know you and your work habits--how you fit with the rest of the team. There were a few financial-type questions, but it mostly related to what you have done in the past and listed on your resume or verbally mentioned in the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly about my previous experience and reason behind my interest for their position.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CGI (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the interview process misleading. I interviewed for a position based on contract award in Sept 2016 and accepted an offer based on contract awarded in June 2016 . When I checked on the contract progress in late August, I was told interviews would be scheduled. After conducting a general search for contracts awarded and finding none, I signed on to the application site that posted a message stating that the organization had experienced a breach and offers were not made by the organization. It took approximately two - three weeks for the recruiter to confirm that the contract was not awarded.

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview processes was very smooth and pain-free. Applied using campus website. Got an email requesting some information (GPA, skills, ect.). Was able to get a phone interview the next day and and 2 in-person interviews the same week. The interviews were 30 mins each and more of a conversation than an interview. Very relaxed atmosphere. Received an offer the very next week and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Straight forward. Good behavioral questions, not too many analytical ones. First round interview on-campus and second round or final interview on-site at their federal headquarters in Fairfax. They provide lunch was is nice and reimburse travel expenses (i.e. gas, miles).

Network Engineer (Splunk) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Alexandria, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was submitted by a Recuriter for a Network Engineer (Splunk) position. CGI was very impressed with my background and immediately scheduled a phone screen. (UnFortunately, my contract just ended 3 days ago so I was available for a new job). I had 3 sets of phone interviews and 1 on-site. All this 4 interviews happened within 2 weeks. I was interviewed by 3 Managers. Very relaxed interview but also intense. I was interviewed on Thursday and got an offer on Tuesday. I have always loved to work for CGI. Finally got it! And love it!

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by 3 Managers. It was pretty much a very professional but Laid back interview. But at the same time very intense.
      Questions:
      1) Tell me about yourself. (2) Walk me through about your experience with Splunk and infrastructure.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Very decent pay. I didn't negotiate. The maximum pay was communicated upfront.

Entry Level IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CGI (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus interview mainly focusing on you resume and personal traits. There was one question about the SDLC and what part you thought was the most important and why? Overall they want to make sure that you are able to hold a conversation and have strong interpersonal skills

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Explain programs I have created in the past.
      Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fun and professional. I was provided with information an over view of the company. I was provided with information regarding the work week hours and benefits. I felt very confident from the beginning and to the end of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would, I rate myself for the administrative position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus. Had interview for 30 mins very laid back and conversational, she actually only asked me 1 question. I was notified in exactly one week about the steps for a second interview. tI had two 30 min interviews on-site at Fairfax location where they asked behavioral questions. Received a phone call two weeks later of an offer