CGI Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 27, 2017

2.6

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my school and was offered an interview the next day after speaking with them. They emailed me within a week and we planned an interview for two weeks later.

Systems Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Sterling, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the system deployment team (one being the supervisor). The interview was in the afternoon and took approximately forty minutes. I was asked a range of questions on Windows server configuration as well as Windows 7

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between SAN and NAS   Answer Question
    • What are some things to consider before running a sysprep for a Windows 7 image?   Answer Question
    • What are some steps to take before installing Active Directory on WIndows Server 2008 R2?   Answer Question
    • If users couldn't print to one specific printer what are some steps you would take to troubleshoot that one printer?   Answer Question

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple process, nothing that you wouldn't expect. I had a weird process because I didn't know the job until after I had finished my final round because I was recruited from a college career fair

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in November 2016 shortly after a career fair held at my university. I was asked to respond with my set of skills. Within a week i was asked to come in for an on site interview. I showed up and they were extremely friendly and inviting. Everyone answered every question that i had. The in campus interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Afterwards was a lunch panel with a few recent hires. At the conclusion of the interview we were told that we would be be contacted with an offer within 2 weeks. 6 weeks have passed and i have not recieved a call or email, despite reaching out to them weekly since 3 weeks of waiting and no response.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start today what would be 3 principles that you would live by!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had on campus interview with CGI in November. Then I got invited for in person interview in December. It was a panel interview; two people interviewed me. One was the behavior interview and another one was technical interview. It is a little difficult to contact with recruiter there. But the best way is to keep email them for an update. Finally, 2 weeks later, I heard back from them with a congratulation email.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through college, passed first on campus interview and then the on-site interview as well. On campus interview was pretty easy, just basic questions like tell me about yourself and why choose CGI and what makes you a good fit with CGI and describe when you made a hard decision etc. For the on-site interview, they had 2 back to back interviews. In the first one I was asked kinda similar questions but then I was asked to write a simple coding thing, which I've written below. 2nd interview was basically, tell me about yourself. I think they wanted to ask more but unfortunately I got ahead of myself and inadvertently dominated the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Write code using any language (even pseudo code) that prints numbers from 1 to 100, but if the number is divisible by 5, print fizz. if it is divisible by 3, print buzz. if it is divisible by both 5 and 3, print fizzbuzz. That's all   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Went to the career fair and got an email back couple of days later to set up a phone interview. Then went to an onsite interview and got the results couple weeks after.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to the IT Intern position, specifically for the functional business intern position, after speaking with CGI representatives at my campus. I applied online, and was contacted to have an on campus interview in the next couple of weeks. A week later I was invited down to CGI (Fairfax, VA) for a series of 2 interviews and a luncheon with recent full time college hires. All interviews were behavioral (though I explicitly was applying for a functional role, and not a technical role). They did ask what technical background I had, but as a History and Government major I was honest and they received my answer well.

Interview Questions

• What project have you worked on that required collaboration to complete successfully?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

On-site interview included two separate members of the Fairfax office team. Each included basic background questions along with behavioral questions. There were also a few questions about why I personally saw myself as a fit with the company and in the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit in the business analyst role at CGI?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst/ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked basic questions about SQL and Batch processing and few Behavioural questions.
    There were two rounds of Phone screening on the Basic understanding of SQL and ETL along with some understanding of Batch scripting and maintainence of Databases.

Interview Questions

• What are cursors in SQL   Answer Question
    • How to avoid latency in SQL server when multiple users are accessing the same information(table and DB)?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a situation when both President and vice president ask for a task to be completed at the same time ?   Answer Question