CH2M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.8

Individual Contributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CH2M (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They really treat you as equal and as friend during the interview. You have no sense that you are evaluated, judged or quantified. You are met as a guest and as a old friend with whom you reconnect after long separation.

Interview Questions

• They want down on the interview by looking the projects in the resume. They asked for details on few of them.   1 Answer

Maintenance Planner Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CH2M (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received a phone call from the HR/ Recruiter asking if I could come in for an interview with the Senior Project Manager and another Manager. The interview was really relaxed I knew I had the job after 5 minutes. Awesome people and they were veterans so they knee exactly what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic STAR format behavior type. Name a time that you failed at something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the top of the scale offer with a six month review for a raise opportunity. I didn't need to negotiate at all.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CH2M (Cleveland, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several shorter interviews with a select few members of the company. This process lasted approximately fifteen to twenty minutes per person and lasted around one and a half to two hours.

Interview Questions

• During the interview there were no behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CH2M (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

The interview process was friendly. The only downside was that it took a while to get back to me and I had to follow up several times to determine if the position had been filled. The office culture is inclusive and while interviews are generally formal, I felt welcomed as an applicant.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CH2M (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interviewed by a team of cross-discipline staff onsite. It was a pleasant experience, they were genuine in their interest and evaluation of my viability for the position. Had ample opportunity to ask them any questions. Was impressed by their level of expertise in my field. Open and honest, All in all was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a trial you faced in the past and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Project Accountant Interview

Interview

Central Colorado Corporate Recruiter called and then second interview was with the office managers. The process was two weeks. I interviewed with two staff members. One was a supervisor and the other person was the manager who oversaw all the aspects of the finance and accounting.

Water Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CH2M (Sandy, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through a contracting company called HKA, whom I was contracted through for the first 90 days. Met with the facilities manager and the crew lead for the official interview. The entire process took approximately 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in working with pumps, motors, generators, etc.
      Do you have a wastewater and/or an Oregon state issued water treatment certification.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CH2M (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied this position on line and was recommended by a senior engineer from another office. I got a phone interview opportunity immediately. During the phone interview, they introduced the basic information of their office. And they asked my project experience, and transportation software skills, as well as my willingness to relocate. However, I have not receive any follow-ups, since the phone interview.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CH2M in May 2016.

Interview

I've had three separate interview experiences with CH2M Hill, with Offices A, B, and C (Not going to disclose which locations these are; Office C is the office that offered me the position), respectively.

CH2M interviews all seem to be three phases -- Phase 1) A general match-making phone session with the recruiter; Phase 2) A phone/webcam interview with the hiring manager / potential supervisor; and Phase 3) A face-to-face interview with the potential team / Business Group.

Phase 1 interview with recruiter occurred several months prior, when the recruiter first saw my application and resume submitted online. Was asked several general questions about my resume and my interest in the field. A Phase 2 interview with a project engineer (Office A) was scheduled, but cancelled last minute. Recruiter then scheduled me a Phase 2 interview with another office (Office B), but I was not offered this position after Phase 3.

Since I had already Phase-3-interviewed with Office B a month prior, the Phase 2 interview with Office C was more concise and detailed about the job duties. Interviewed with my potential supervisor and a project manager, we threw several questions back and forth about my experience, my current job, the open position, the location, the office, etc.

I was invited to visit Office C for a Phase 3, during which I met many people in the office, all working in the same Business Group that the position was in. I was asked many questions about my experience, what I hope to gain from the position and the company, and what I can bring to the table. Was informed by several people that CH2M is very encouraging of its staff members to explore career paths and to choose the best fit. All staff members had wonderful things to say about the office and the company. Potential supervisor was extremely informative about the area, near-by school districts, and anything that would help with relocation. Was told that another candidate would be interviewed the following business day.

Received offer letter about 1.5 weeks later.

Recruiter and potential supervisor were helpful and available throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Five years ago, where did you think you'd be in five years?   Answer Question
    • Where do you think you will be in five years from now?   Answer Question
    • What do you eventually hope to achieve at CH2M?   Answer Question
    • Recall a situation in which you had to handle a team conflict. How did you react and restore order?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CH2M in May 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward phone interview with my eventual supervisor. Asked questions about my experience and interests. No tricky questions or anything out of the ordinary. Allowed plenty of time for me to ask questions as well. After the interview, the company found a spot in the company that matched my interests and created an intern position for me.