CH2M Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

CH2M Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CH2M (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview arranged after meeting the representatives of CH2M at a career fair in Imperial College in November. The phone interview is the first step before inviting you to an assessment day. The arrangement of the phone interview is open for a period before Christmas. You have to arrange the exact date and time in advance but it is relatively easy to rearrange if something unexpected occurs.

Interview Questions

• 1) What could you tell me about your academic background?
      2) Why did you decide to study civil engineering and structural steel design?
      3) Could you provide me with two examples of projects you have done during your studies. Ideally projects which where team projects, describe what was the project about, what was your role in the team, how large was the team, tell me more about it. How long did this project last.
      4) Tell me engineering software you are familiar with?
      5) Why do you think our graduate program will be right for you?
      6) Tell me about your work experience. Tell me about your 4 month internship.?
      7) What did you learn from your experience as an intern?
      8) Could you tell me about your personal and technical skills that you have gained in the university that you think will be helpful in our graduate program?
      9) What would you say is a big development area. Are there any particular skills which you would like to concentrate on, something that you would like to learn or develop mostly during the graduate program? Advance my technical skills, presentations
      10) From the reasearch you have done on our company. What can you tell me about CH2M?
      11) In which sector would you be more interested to work on? (buildings, bridges, environmental, aviation, transportation, nuclear, highway..)
      12) Have you applied to any other companies?
      13) To what roles did you apply to?
      14) If you are hired on our graduate program, what will make this job interesting to you?Are there any factors that are most important to you?
      15)Besides our base in London we have offices all over the uk. Will you be flexible about the location?
      16)When can you start?
      17) Do you have any specific salary expectations from this job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CH2M (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online on February 2016 and got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes with a friendly recruiter. He was encouraging and easy going. Still in the 4 week time gap to know if I get to the personal interview in the UK

Interview Questions

• Favourite modules in college?
      Why do you want to work in CH2m?
      Talk about 2 projects you have done.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CH2M (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The 1st stage consisted of the CV + Cover letter application, followed afterwards by a phone interview which lasted around 30 minutes. As stated on the phone by the HR, there were around 9000 applications for not so many graduate positions and the requirements due to this high number of applicants increased.

Interview Questions

• Describe two projects that I have worked at during my studies, one in which I worked alongside other members and one that I worked alone.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CH2M (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

15-minute test about geotechnical engineering followed by an interview with 2 employers. It was pretty laid back. Most of the questions were about my subjects at uni and my past work experience. They did ask what my most and least favorite subjects, my skill level in AutoCAD, BIM software and some questions to show my leadership.

Interview Questions

• If I did not offer you a place, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CH2M (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online around January.
    A phone interview in March. This was just a review of the application. I was asked where did a wanted to work and in which department.
    The final interview was in April.
    They asked me to give a technical presentation about a topic of my choice.
    Followed by a 1 hour interview plus 20 min or so of technical questions.
    The interview was conducted only by the head of the Highways Department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you missed a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with failure.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to ask for help.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where yo had to solve a difficult problem you though you were not able to.   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CH2M (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two hours interview to test soft skills and technical competency. Asked to prepare technical presentation of project done at the university.

Interview took place at the London office. Both interviewers made me feel comfortable as possible considering the circumstance.

Lots of questions from both assessor's. However, it was a very interactive session.

At the end of the interview, they invited me to lunch with them which I politely declined. At that point to me, it was no brainer to accept their offer over other offers if successful.

Interview Questions

• What type of electric cables would you recommend for a rail project?

What are the factors to consider when to implement power cables in rail networks?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. I was convinced it was the job for me. Hence, I accepted their offers without bargain.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CH2M (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

CH2M HILL people were absolutely friendly and tried to make me feel comfortable.
    The interview was both technical and experience-related.
    HR and technical staff were present at the interview, it lasted around 1hour.

Tunnel Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CH2M (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a nice chat with the divisional lead. He introduced the company and the potential opportunities with the company. We talked about my experience and just generally had a nice relaxed chat about tunnel engineering. The interviewer already asked me on the interview if I was interested in the position.