CHG Healthcare Interview Questions in Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Interviews at CHG Healthcare

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

FIrst there was a phone interview. They tallk about the company and what it takes to be successfull. THe next step was an in person interview at their office. They give you a tour and you talk to a few people about. They ask you the run of the mill questions. Nothing tricky.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Initiates with group of individuals to be interviewed watching video about company and speaking with some members of staff. Afterwards, individuals are taken separately to answer general questions by staff.

Interview Questions

• High points in past positions that you don't think properly appreciated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Received phone interview 2 days after applying, which lasted about 45 mins. I was told I had the right stuff for the job and would be sent to meet the leaders in what was called an "interview day" This was new to me, I was told to be there at 2pm and could last until 6pm.

I arrived with 5 other people, I was there very early and had a chance to glance around at what seemed like a very clique like office. A lot of whispers to each other of giggles/gossip going around.

Shortly after everyone arrived and sent to a conference room we had a tour of the facility, it was very awkward as they were spewing full names of people at us and asking if we remembered the names of everyone they mentioned. That in itself I found odd to begin with, when you're there for an interview and have a lot on your mind the last thing you are going to remember is full names of numerous people you didn't even meet and are touring and listening to numerous other things.

Second guy comes in after tour ends, basically boasts about the company being on Forbes list of best places to work and rambles on about that for 15 minutes or so, didn't really add much to the process but we all asked a few questions before individually being called by random leaders one at a time for one on one interviews. Their core values were very much the focal point and I personally was very on board with them, as they were pretty basic stuff about "putting people first" but apparently it is almost cult like and are looking for a "certain" person who can fit that bill.

The leader I met with for my one on one was very unenthusiastic and seemed more concerned with what was going on outside. I had 10 copies of my resume as I was prepared to meet numerous people as I was told I'd be meeting potentially 3-5 leaders. He didn't even want a copy of mine that I had, he apparently already had a copy.

He barely made any eye contact nor cracked a smile and asked very generic questions that were already asked during the phone interview, except oddly less questions in person than I was asked on the phone. The interview itself lasted maybe 5 minutes, never even was asked anything about my history etc.. Everything answer to a question I gave in great detail but my answers were written in a form box on a paper in front of him with maybe 1 to 3 words only.. I knew being in the interview room one on one it wasn't a good vibe, as I had no opportunity to even sell myself as a candidate. I honestly felt like the choices were already made prior to our arrival that day.

All the candidates were then led back to the conference room about the same time, a few minutes later 3 of us got called out and said we'd hear back in 48 hours, meanwhile the other 2 stayed (assuming those two likely got the job). The thing is, we all had a chance to talk to each other about what we were asked and we all had basically the same questions asked, but the 2 kept behind were much younger.. As the 3 of us left we assumed they felt we didn't meet the cut as I got a call the next day saying I wasn't the ideal candidate but literally nothing changed from phone interview to in person in regards to the types of questions.

The process was very much a waste of time and I made it clear with the recruiter of that on follow up. I was very prepared and gave extremely detailed answers even using the core values the company talks about for comparison. I felt very much like they are looking for a specific looking person and age bracket more than anything.

I felt like I had no chance, and was just there to be there for their quota of interviews. The fact that I was there for a good 3 hours to have my time wasted with basically a tour and speech rather than a quality interview was just a huge disappointment. If this was a normal interview process I wouldn't deem it a waste of time, but when the person who is interviewing you shows no engagement at all it's pretty hard to do an interview fairly. Perhaps I had the wrong "leader" to interview with that day but I will never know, and of the years of doing interviews never had such a strange and uninviting experience ever.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Tour with 7 interviewees all done same time with silly activities supposed to be about working as group, then split up for individual interviews. I can't imagine what qualities or experience they are actually looking for...

Interview Questions

• What 3 qualities would your past employer describe you with?
      What accomplishment are you most proud of?
      Have you ever had an employer tell you to do something you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a group onsite interview (5 candidates). Intro to the company video followed by a team lead introduction and Q&A session and tour. The candidates are then graded on a "team building" activity (we had to build a Solo cup tower). Then the candidates have to give feedback on the things they learned about the experience and how those tie into the company's core values. You are timed and graded. This is followed by two rounds of interviews with team leads where pretty typical interview questions are asked. Culture is more important to this company than experience or education, I got absolutely none of the expected questions about national awards or annual results, no need for a brag book on this one. And no need for a traditional interview attire; I wore a suit, the other guys in the interview work chinos and oxford shirts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received critical feedback from a supervisor. How did you make improvements and what was the result.   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and received an e-mail to complete a skills testing. It consisted of typing, grammar and Microsoft knowledge. Two days later I was contacted to set up an interview. A few days later I had an on-site virtual interview which lasted approximately 30 minutes. The questions were more "who are you" and less "what you've done". A week after that I was contacted to set up a second interview which lasted about 1.5 hours and meet with three leaders. Once again they wanted to know more about me. I only had one question about my education.

Interview Questions

• If you had no limitations what would be your dream job?   Answer Question

Systems Administration Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied to CHG healthcare and within the same day they called me for an interview . When I got there for the interview people was not dressed professional they had jeans and T-shirt on which was very surprised do to the fact it was advertise as being a professional job setting. The interview was done by Via video with a recruiter located in Florida, he wasn't on time I waited about 15 mins he also was dressed in jeans and t-shirt sitting with his laptop reading his questions from it and also typing as I responded to his questions . The interview was quick and straight to the point one thing I notice he was more focus on experience rather than education he didn't ask me not one thing about my education although on my resume I stated that I had a masters degree. Also was interested as to why I wanted to leave my current job which in my opinion shouldn't be the focus of the interview. Nothing is ever written in stone that someone has to stay on one job for the rest of their life . After my interview two days later they told me I didn't get the job via email , I guess I was to overqualified and to well established at my current job. so if you have education beyond high school don't waste your time applying for the job. They obviously want people who are undereducated and doesn't want to grow career wise. Because they overall have bad reviews on their hiring process and employment