CHG Healthcare Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

CHG Healthcare Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

Interviews at CHG Healthcare

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and very thorough. I met with 7 or 8 people in total. The first 3-4 people spent the entire interview time getting to know me in order to see if I was a good cultural fit. I really appreciated how thorough they were with this part. The people I met at CHG were amazing and the culture was truly an employee-first culture. The second half of the interview process was more about digging into the details, technical questions and understanding how i would tackle the job if i was hired.

All in all, the process was intense, but for the right reasons. CHG takes their time in order to hire the right people. I didn't end up working there, but I have the a ton of respect and admiration for the people I met while going through the process. Good luck CHG team!

Interview Questions

• Questions ranging from who you are as a person down to very detailed technical questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Overall, a decent experience. It did take some work to get the recruiter to respond about my application, and some extra work to finally iron-out a date and time for a call. The call was pleasant, casual. Content revolved around past experience, challenges I've overcome, types of environments I enjoy working in, how I work with teams, pretty boilerplate stuff. I will say the call was inordinately long (one hour). For a screening interview, this seems to be approaching overkill.

When compensation came up, I was firm in my requirement. However, so were they. The budgeted maximum compensation for this role was $75,000, roughly $10,000 less than the average for the local product management market, and $30,000 less than the national average. The recruiter indicated that the other folks with whom he had spoke were likewise stipulating ranges around the same as my own. He thought out loud that maybe he'd need to speak with the hiring manager to convince him to up the maximum salary to keep it competitive with the market. The recruiter asked if I was flexible, to which I said I was but not THAT flexible.

I heard back in the form of a voicemail a few days later in which the recruiter indicated the hiring manager would not budge on the salary and as such, I was no longer being considered. That's too bad. They're going to quickly find that in order to recruit top talent, they'll need to pay more competitively. I'm not sure how they're arriving at the max $75,000/year figure, but a little market research may help. If you've got several competitive candidates in your pipeline that have all indicated the budgeted salary for the role will be insufficient to maintain their interest, there's some good data right there.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled an in person interview. There were several scheduling conflicts which I didn't know why until later.

I checked in and waited. It was 15 minutes after the interview time and I asked the receptionist who replied "I don't know". I waited another 25 minutes and the recruiter and intern finally came and said their printer was broken and couldn't get my resume. I was then interviewed in a small office and asked situational questions and what would I do if this scenario happened. The questions at the end were salary expectations, where else am I interviewing, and description of CHG's benefits and new building.

A week later I received a phone call to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. A day later I was asked to push the date again because the manager was on paternity leave.

The manager called me from his personal phone while on leave, didn't have my resume and told me he wasn't prepared since he was calling from home. Most of his questions were about previous experience, work preferences, and knowledge of business intelligence tools. At the end he told me he didn't have a schedule planned and didn't the next steps and I should be asking the recruiter these questions instead of him. I was told I would hear back at the end of the week at the latest and don't contact him, contact the recruiter.

I never heard back from either the manager or recruiter even after all the interviews. CHG emails or calls you from scrambled emails or phone numbers so it is impossible to reach out for any information.

CHG routinely reminded me that they were one of the best companies to work for and one of the strongest in the nation but their recruiting process is less than average. I was routinely let down by CHG and the lack of followup is telling.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Tableau?
      What is your learning style?
      CHG's BI team is brand new and is under finance. We have not standard procedures or training and everything is ad-hoc, what previous experience do you have with teams like this?   Answer Question

Field Services Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very different than most other Jobs there was no real skills assessment but more of a personality assessment. The reason for the interview was mostly so that The employer could ensure that I would be a proper fit with the company and more over the team I would work with,

Interview Questions

• Who is "place your name here"?   1 Answer

Locum Tenens Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was much longer than I had anticipated but my 3 interviews paled in comparison to many others in my training class. Some of my colleagues interviewed 8 times. I couldn't believe it. Overall the process wasn't the most difficult I've been through. It consisted of a phone interview, 2 face to face interviews with multiple managers involved in each and also included a time period where I sat with a team on the floor to see what their day to day work was like. The nice thing is they stayed in constant contact throughout the hiring process and sent out weekly emails to let me know where things stood which was very considerate. I wish all companies had that same courtesy.

Interview Questions

• There were some cheesy questions in the process, "Do you love to win or hate to lose?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is NO negotiating the base salary for the Locum Tenens Sales position, It tried and tried.

L & D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

There are a series of interviews, first with the recruiter, secondly with manager and finally with team. CHG is very thorough and selective. They ensure they find the right fit for the culture.

Director, IT Project Management Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews (3-4). No communications other than "We would like to have a call with you today or tomorrow." Once the interviews were over there was not one single communication back to me. Zip. Nothing. Nada. May be ranked as a top place to work but the interview process and feedback is HORRIBLE!

Interview Questions

• What is your background with regards to project management?   Answer Question