CHG Healthcare Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

CHG Healthcare Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

Interviews at CHG Healthcare

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2018.

Interview

It was great. I prepared myself by studying a lot of different coding concepts because I always get nervous for the technical questions. But the managers did a great job at making me feel at ease because we talked about my likes/dislikes most of the time. They care more about the culture and how you will fit in more than they care about what you know.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it was Friday at 4:45 and you were trying to finish something up to go home for the weekend and suddenly you get hit in the face with a nerf-gun bullet?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

First, a phone screen done by one of their recruiters (15 mins). Next, another phone interview with the hiring manager asking about my background and general levels of experience in different areas (about 45 mins). Next, an on-site interview with the whole team and a higher-up VP in the form of multiple 1-1 interviews one after the other (about 3 hours total).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/background.
      Why looking for work?
      What is your ideal working environment?
      What do you know about CHG?
      What was the most impactful project you worked on, and what was your role in that project?
      What was the most exciting analysis you did?
      Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone with a challenging personality, and how you dealt with it.
      Some skills testing on whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2018.

Interview

First interview on phone, second in person with hr, third with group and then separated into 1 on 1's. Then no one called back. They said they'd get back with me and no Bueno.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grantsville, UT

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Grantsville, UT) in June 2018.

Interview

I initially applied for a Sales Leader position. After the phone interview, I was told that I did not have enough experience to qualify regardless that I am currently in a sales manager position in my current role. The Recruiter said she liked my sales experience, and wanted me to interview for Inside Sales. I thought about it and decided to proceed thinking I could move up later after I got my foot in the door.
    I had an interview in person with the recruiter from the phone. It went good. Got some positive feedback and instructions in the next step of the process. I was scheduled to come back for the final interview the following Monday with a group.

Monday came. We were brought to a conference room where we were divided into 4 groups. This is where it went to crap for me. A guy comes in and goes over a brief history of CompHealth. And quizzes us about the company during the process, and boasted about CHG being in Forbes magazine 9 tears in a row as one of best places to work for. That’s great and all, but there was never a reason given to why that is,or how that matters to me as a potential employee. Following that was a pretentious slide show of how CompHealth is such a fun place to work. Each slide was just of the guy talking, with other random people. Following that was an even more pretentious video of current and pervious employees talking about their CompHealth experience. My favorite part was the buff guy at the end flexing at the camera with his headset on. Cringe worthy! It just started feeling a bit ridiculous. Finally we were taken into one on one interviews. It was your typical call center/ sales interview questions. I had two managers interview me. The lady was on par and responsive. The guy was smug, looked uncaring and was monotone the whole time. At that point I figured out what kind of place CompHealth was and I stopped trying in the interview. I answered their questions but I just wanted it to be done. I think they could tell I was over it. When they finished their questions, I asked what do they do to motivate their sales people in that environment. They literally had Bupkus for an answer. It was a bit sad. That place is not for me. If you like the call center environment, and thrive in a churn and burn employee model, hidden behind “Culture” and so called “Fun”. Then you may like it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time we’re you had a disagreement or fallout with another employee, and what steps did you take to overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Very well planned and executed by the recruiter. Great communication throughout. Tough interview process though!

- phone interview
    - Skype interview
    - onsite individual interview (1x1 with 2 different Directors)
    - onsite Group Interview (15-20 people)

Interview Questions

• How will you feel about taking a long time to 'ramp-up' in terms of seeing success in your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

Preliminary interview via phone or face to face to determine whether or not it would be a good fit. Work shop to develop team building skills and determine whether or not it would be a good fit.
    Second and Third interview to redetermine culture fit and then determine if skill requirements are met for the job.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

CHG is very thorough to ensure you are the right fit for not only the position, but with the team. I was put through a 4 interview process and during that time felt I was well versed in what they were looking for, the challenges I would face in the position, the culture and team atmosphere, and the expectations of the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

After I applied, they sent me a grammar/customer service test to complete to see whether to proceed with the process of accepting my application. I got a call back 2 days later and had a short phone interview. The questions just went over my application/resume and my day to day routines at my jobs listed. I was also asked why I thought I would be a good candidate for this position. She then proceeded to tell me she would be back in contact in a week or 2. At the 2 week mark, I called to follow up on the interview and she called me back the next day to have me come in for a in person interview. In the interview, I was very nervous, but she was very understanding and made the interview seem less stressful by being down to earth and easy to talk to. She said she would be in contact with me in the next week. She called me 2 days later to tell me I did not get the job but to look out for some of the other positions she thought I would be better for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to adapt to a change in your job?   1 Answer
    • Tell us of a time that you have gone above and beyond what was expected?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to stand up to a coworker or boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The phone interview was quick and the in person interview was not what I expected. The interviewer seemed rushed and unprepared for the interview or at least me. This is still a great company and maybe at another time I would like the opportunity to be a part of their culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I applied for a position (Administrative Coordinator). The company sent me an email to take a 30 minute grammar and spelling quiz. I received a phone call at the end of that week, only to play phone tag with the recruiter. I later found out that position I applied for doesn't exist, and is only posted for the company to gain leads. I was then instructed to go on company job board to find, and apply for a different position. I do not want to work for a company that is deceitful, and I feel that posting fake job listings is deceitful. I am surprised with all of the things going on with unemployment (having to prove you've applied to 4 jobs a week), that this company can get away with this behavior.