CHG Healthcare Training and Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CHG Healthcare

1 Interview Review

Training and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CHG Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was referred and recommended by an employee and had a phone interview scheduled within a week.

The recruiter called 25 minutes late for the phone interview and came across as friendly and a bit arrogant, explaining that's how things work at one of the top places to work in America.

I felt the recruiter didn't have a lot of experience doing interviews and could not answer many questions about the position. The interview was not difficult, but the interviewer was.

Interview questions were all generic. I initiated some discussion of their Core values and how training helps instill them.

The recruiter became contentious trying to get me to pinpoint my salary requirements, despite CHG not even providing a salary range. I told her I had spoken with several CHG employees before applying and found their average salary acceptable, but I was more concerned with opportunities for growth and meaningful work. I did give my previous salary, which was in line with the lowest reported salary of those I talked with. The whole exchange felt like a negotiation on salary, when we hadn't even discussed how the position would be a good fit. It felt like bringing up marriage while on a blind date.

For several weeks after the interview I tried to call the interviewer to reaffirm my interest but only got voicemail on the phone. Emails were not returned.

Three months later I logged into the CHG career site to see my status as Reviewed; Not Selected. They did not call, nor even send a form email triggered by a status change.

I spoke with another person with whom CHG initiated contact who had the same experience, except it took longer than 8 months before the status was changed.

Interview Questions