CHI Franciscan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CHI Franciscan Interview Questions

Interviews at CHI Franciscan

2.8

Staff RN Interview

Interview

In-person interview at hiring fair for CHI Franciscan. Began with conversation that turned into on the spot interview. Hiring manager was very nice and the interview felt comfortable and casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you practiced compassion in your practice.   Answer Question

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

I was called by the manager and asked to come in. Interview was conducted with the office manager and then I was called for a second interview with providers. Once hired I went through background check, drug test, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan.

Interview

I was contacted by an executive assistant to schedule a phone interview with her and two other department directors. The day before the interview I get a call saying they need to push the interview 15 minutes later which was understandable. The day of I receive a call from a director puts me on hold several times saying everyone in the department is sick. She then says she will call me back in 5 minutes along with the executive assistant to have the phone interview. The director calls back and says the executive assistant is not available anymore. She apologized and said this is usually not how they do things and said her assistant will call me back to reschedule. I reached out to her assistant several times and never had the chance to reschedule. Very disappointing since I was overqualified for the position and they didn’t give me the time of day for no apparent reason to discuss the opportunity. They overlooked my qualifications, made a colossal mockery of my time, humiliated their own interview integrity and ethics. They made me feel discriminated against without any single explanation as to why I was not even given a chance to interview. This is for Federal Way St Francis hospital in Washington. Very unprofessional.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan (Tacoma, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was short. It was just like having a conversation with friends. Asked questions about past job experiences and skills and it was a panel interview. They said that they will call me. I do not know if i get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about a conflict you handled?   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan (Tacoma, WA) in February 2019.

Interview

Very kind interview process not intimidating at all in any way. Walked in very nervous left feeling confident. The person who interviewed me was a wonderful kind lady that truly took the time to understand why i wanted to work with chi and be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• Q: What to do if a patient is combative   1 Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan.

Interview

I had applied and they had asked for me to come in for an interview a few days after I applied. It was about an hour long with the hiring manager. They described the role and day to day activities.

Interview Questions

• They asked about strengths, weaknesses, situational questions such as how do you deal with a difficult situation or patients. They asked about my current position and why I want to leave. How do I go beyond and give excellent customer service, etc.   Answer Question

RN Mother Baby Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan (Tacoma, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by three RNs. In person. They were really conversational and friendly. It lasted about an hour. They seemed to really care about what I wanted in a job, as well as what they wanted in a worker. They educated me about their unit and what my position would entail. They were very open to my questions. They also let me sit on the unit and talk to whoever I wanted and ask them questions for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on this unit?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you felt like care wasn't being given well, what did you do? What did you like about your last RN job, what didn't you like?   Answer Question

Environmental Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bremerton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan (Bremerton, WA) in June 2018.

Interview

I went to a hiring event, the interview was brief and involved the two main EST supervisors. It was a pleasant experience, with the normal questions like "what is your definition of integrity?" and "describe a difficult situation and how you handled it". I am mainly writing this review for one specific purpose, to point something out that is NOT discussed in the application or during the interview process - and that is CHI does NOT hire nicotine users of any form, even the patch (which I am on). I was completely unaware of this as I had a friend in this same position about 3 years ago who was a chain smoker. I don't know if this is something new or what? Once a contingent offer is made, they will do a drug screen which includes a nicotine test, which I did not know about until I went to get my lab requisitions and was told to go immediately for the screens. I came up positive due to my patch and my offer was rescinded, which I'm a little salty about but oh well. I think they hold this requirement back in order to prevent nicotine users from being deceptive - like quitting for a couple days while you're in the recruiting process and then going back to using? I don't know, I'm just putting this out there. If you use any form of nicotine, don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What does the term "integrity" mean to you?   1 Answer

Systems Specialist-Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan (Tacoma, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

Process took about 4 weeks. Head of security contacted me several weeks after I applied online to setup interview. Interviewed panel consisted of head of security and what appeared to be the incumbent position, a technician in a pretty close quarters conference room or closet. interview was pretty straight forward technical questions. First time I had been interviewed by outgoing personal which shows a good working relationship with stakeholders. A lot of position description explanation. No followup to interview, found out I didn't get the position by email stating, "Unfortunately, it’s not the right mutual match for the position", not sure what mutual match means.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working around death?   1 Answer

LVN Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CHI Franciscan (Lufkin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long. I applied and after hearing nothing I went in person to check on my application, 3 days later I got a call for an interview. After the interview I came in for a 'trial' shift (unpaid) and was subsequently told that would be contacted. After hearing nothing I emailed my interviewer to see if I needed to do something else and was told no, that I was just waiting for HR to make me an offer via phone or email. After waiting another week I call and am told that they are working on it and I should receive and offer in the next day or 2. After waiting another week I go up there in person and state I would really like some info on what's happening as it's been over a month and I either need to start ASAP or I need to go look elsewhere. I was told they would look into and call me back. I then get a call saying that job has been put on hold and they can't tell me why but they are unable to hire me until the hold is released. I then contacted my interviewer and never heard back. I called HR and my calls were never returned. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!

Interview Questions

• How long I've been a nurse?   1 Answer