CIA Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

3.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CIA in October 2015.

Interview

A couple months after I submitted my application, I received an email asking me to do online testing and fill out a personal questionnaire (hobbies, the college classes you like most and least, etc.). The online testing was pretty challenging; there was an IQ test and writing prompt. A month or two later, I was asked to fly over to DC for an in-person interview. The atmosphere was very casual while waiting for the interview with a group of 15 or so, however the actual interview was in a very small room at a small table with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Name a research project that you have completed, and the role that you took.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for CIA

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a questionnaire about a week later. After submitting that, I was asked to take a series of online assessments, including a writing test and an aptitude test. They then gave me a phone interview, which seemed pretty standard. Most of the questions asked about my previous work experience.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

Applied online for an internship, was contacted several months later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic "get to know you" questions.
    Once I passed that, I was contacted once again to set up an in-person interview. The interview was conducted at a hotel in Los Angeles. The interview was a one-on-one which lasted several hours with the interviewer asking really in-depth questions.
    Was contacted several months later and flown out to VA for yet another interview and screening. This consisted of an online series of questions and essays, as well as a mental health screening. I was told if I passed that I would be brought in for a polygraph and further screening.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

I applied online and luckily got picked up. They flew me out from CA for a 2 day interview process to include a formal interview, and other screening procedures. I don't recall if I got a conditional offer of employment prior to the screening, or if that's why I was sent to the DC area. But I do remember it took me 18 months after my interview to finally get my official offer and start date. Expect additional interviews during your background investigation. Also, if you know foreign nationals, your security clearance may take a long while.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall. It was one tense 2 hour in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered at a certain GS (General Salary) level.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CIA in July 2014.

Interview

Lengthy process with average interview questions. Very long time period leading up to the interview and many security restrictions in place to be able to get to the interview stage. Be prepared to wait a long time and not receive any feedback regarding performance or expectations of timing going forward.

Interview Questions

• Name a project that you managed Start to Finish.   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

I attended a campus recruiting session and earned a campus interview for the next day. Heard back 2 months later with a call and a COE.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got an email telling me to complete an online aptitude test. After that I got another email stating that I will be interviewing in Washington DC. Interview was mostly standard behavior engineering team questions. Stuff about how you would handle working in groups, questions about bad team mates and such.

Interview Questions

• Describe in exact detail a time when constructive criticism was helpful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

For someone who already possess a top secret security clearance, the process takes two to three months, and requires a polygraph test. The best way to get an interview is to be referred by a current employee.

Interview Questions

• The questions are straight forward. The questions asked of me fell into two categories: subject matter expertise, foreign contacts, and criminal history.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CIA (McLean, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews and role play. Then psychological and aptitude test. Interviewers were either very engaging or completely disengaged. They push you and test how you handled stress, constant change, and ambiguity.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIA in April 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for the Stokes program. After a long screening process, they fly you in, give you a number of presentations and tours, making you all excited to work for them. Then you spend a day interviewing, the questions in general are pretty tough but its all just a test. A scenario interview question was asked.