CIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

Customer Service Representative A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

I applied online. A couple weeks later I received an email to take an assessment test and would be contacted again if I made it to the next step.

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC).

Interview

First an online application that must be completed within a few days once started. Then an invitation to take an online intelligence test and personality test, as well as write hand-written responses to several questions. Then a skype interview. Eventually they call you to D.C.. However, I did not get to the in person interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why the Agency?
      What experience do you have that is relevant?
      What are your career goals?
      What would you do if you did not start working here?
      What is your greatest skill?
      1 Answer

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

First lengthy online application and IQ test where they ask math word problems and logic puzzles. Then months of silence. Then suddenly an email telling me I had 24 hours to respond to the invite to DC else you lose the invite. Then at the interview center, they give a slide show to everyone and told us we were special. Very causal and friendly. Then I was interviewed by 2 ladies who were very grumpy and unhappy to see me. They reviewed facts that were wrong on my application. My fault. Then human behavior questions and were very suspicious of my answers and took everything the wrong way. For example I go to night school and took courses not in IT and they hated that. No smiles, no reactions. Only one easy technical question and I was sent home. The interviewers would be the people you work with and they looked very unfriendly and unhappy. I could tell the job environment was very stressful and really for 22 year old anti-social brats who spend nights feverishly on the computer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Computer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CIA in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Process took around 6 months. Few weeks after submitting my application I got an email asking me four questions (name, major...etc) Then few weeks later they sent me another email asking me to do a timed IQ-like test. and another 200~ questions behavioral test that took around 20 minutes to complete. After that they set up an on-site interview in the DC area which I asked them to reschedule to a different date for personal reasons. They flew me in the day before the interview. Everyone was nice to me and overall, I had a positive experience (Although it did feel like one of the interviewers seemed to dislike me)
    The interview was completely behavioral and no technical questions were asked.
    Besides the fact that I kind of messed up on the interview, I think my dual citizenship/Background had a major part in their decision.
    As for the interview questions,
    forgive me, I don't fully remember them but here goes:

Interview Questions

• A constructive piece of criticism you got from someone and how you received it   Answer Question
    • How you soothed out differences with a difficult person you worked with   Answer Question
    • A misconception that people may have about you   Answer Question
    • How would you be able put your skills to use?
      What skills would you bring in to their workplace
      Answer Question
    • What is your ideal job?
      Have you ever influenced someone to do something (positive)? How/What
      Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CIA in October 2015.

Interview

A couple months after I submitted my application, I received an email asking me to do online testing and fill out a personal questionnaire (hobbies, the college classes you like most and least, etc.). The online testing was pretty challenging; there was an IQ test and writing prompt. A month or two later, I was asked to fly over to DC for an in-person interview. The atmosphere was very casual while waiting for the interview with a group of 15 or so, however the actual interview was in a very small room at a small table with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Name a research project that you have completed, and the role that you took.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at CIA in September 2015.

Interview

very long and comprehensive one on one interview about every job and every situation encountered in the past that had a meaning. Many people involved.it lasted on the first 2 days 3-4 hours then on the next 3 days 6-7 hours per day

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was for the Operations Officer position intended for overseas deployment.

Only participated in the first initial telephone interview. Applied for professional experienced Operations Officer, different from entry level you can find apply online. This can only be applied thru via sending mail.

Overall interview was very basic and included describing years overseas and details of the experience. Also required detailing of network specifically family members and their nationalities, where they live, etc. I did not fit the CIA criteria for this therefore did not proceed from here.

Interview Questions

• Have you done drugs in the past 12 months?   2 Answers
    • Valid drivers license?   1 Answer
    • Please describe your immediate family and their locations and country of citizenship   1 Answer
    • What language abilities do you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview Process started with a mandatory IQ test and Personality survey which is sent via email. Then, IF selected, you are brought to dc for an interview that is 100% behavioral. The start by giving a briefing on what the process will be like if you are offered a "conditional offer of employment", and talk about the many benefits of the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the best advice you have ever recieved   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a questionnaire about a week later. After submitting that, I was asked to take a series of online assessments, including a writing test and an aptitude test. They then gave me a phone interview, which seemed pretty standard. Most of the questions asked about my previous work experience.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

Applied online for an internship, was contacted several months later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic "get to know you" questions.
    Once I passed that, I was contacted once again to set up an in-person interview. The interview was conducted at a hotel in Los Angeles. The interview was a one-on-one which lasted several hours with the interviewer asking really in-depth questions.
    Was contacted several months later and flown out to VA for yet another interview and screening. This consisted of an online series of questions and essays, as well as a mental health screening. I was told if I passed that I would be brought in for a polygraph and further screening.