CIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

Finance Resource Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA (Chantilly, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

STAR type questions. My advice: be yourself and answer the questions to the best of your abilities.

Panel Interview of (2)

Here's a timeline of my abrogation from Start to Finish

July '16 ~ Interview

August '16 ~ COE

FFWD (Fast Forward)

May '17 ~ Lab, Medical, Mental Health, Poly Exam(s)

June '17 ~ Letter of Abrogation (Potential reasons for rescindment although the exact one isn't circled nor underlined)

Process time span of 10 Months

I'm sure the agency has passed on many bright talents; but as they say if one door closes on you, another one will open.

The process itself was an experience. Apply at your own risk. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time, whereas though you had to work with a difficult team?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA in August 2016.

Interview

phone interview after online personality quiz and mock case. 2 women conducted the interview and went through several standard/general interview questions about me. The interview lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you worked in a team and had to adapt.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Let me just say from the outset, that this review is no doubt tinged by the fact that I am disappointed that I did not get an offer. That being said, I was interviewed by another agency that was my first choice and I would give them a very positive review despite the fact that I was not given an offer. Take my review for what it's worth.

I applied about a year before I got my final rejection letter. I did not expect to get a response, but after three months, I was sent a translation test, given that I had originally applied to be a linguist (I also applied to be an analyst). I turned it in, again not expecting to hear anything, but after another four months, I got a message in the mail directing me to an online test and a questionnaire. I did both and waited. I was told that if I did not hear back in 45 days that that meant that my application was no longer being considered. 45 days passed and I assumed that I was disqualified and forgot about my application. After about another 45 days, I all of a sudden got a call telling me that they wanted to set up a phone interview. I consented and they called me back the next day.

The interview went very poorly. One of the first questions they asked me is if I had ever been in a high-pressure situation and I stumbled. Because I applied for a desk job, I assumed that they were asking about meeting deadlines, so I gave some BS response about a time I had to work on a tight deadline. The interviewer interrupted me and basically told me that I gave a bad answer (and she was correct), although she did it politely. I can hardly remember any of the other questions because I was so tripped up by this that it is all that I remember. It was an incredibly odd question to ask a 20-something single guy straight out of college with little real experience in the workplace. When I got to the end of the interview, I was informed that I was being interviewed for a completely different position (one that involved high-pressure situations) than the one that I had applied to. They had not even given me a hint that this would happen and I had instead been given the impression that I was going to be interviewed for a low-pressure desk job. This and the fact that they called me a month and a half after I had assumed that I was no longer being considered left me with little room to prepare for a better interview. No wonder I stumbled so badly.

This might not seem like much, but at one point, they even sent a letter to my previous address that I had moved out of after telling them on two occasions that I had moved. The current tenants there were kind enough to let me know that I had received a letter so I was able to respond in time.

Anyway, I felt like the entire process was completely bungled and I have to be honest and say that I was left with the impression of bureaucratic incompetence. The only thing I have left to say is that I welcome our new Russian overlords.

Interview Questions

• Describe a high-pressure situation in the workplace that you have gone through.   1 Answer

STE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Had 2 online assessments (IQ & personality test). Then got invited to DC for an in-person interview where you learn more about the Agency and its goals. The reason why I turned down my offer is because I applied for an intern role but they offered me a full-time role because they couldn't get me security clearance (which takes 9-12 months) in time for an internship. Moreover, the entry level salary was also 80k, which is not very competitive against the private sector's demand for SWE.

Interview Questions

• Very standard behavioral interview e.g. tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

First lengthy online application and IQ test where they ask math word problems and logic puzzles. Then months of silence. Then suddenly an email telling me I had 24 hours to respond to the invite to DC else you lose the invite. Then at the interview center, they give a slide show to everyone and told us we were special. Very causal and friendly. Then I was interviewed by 2 ladies who were very grumpy and unhappy to see me. They reviewed facts that were wrong on my application. My fault. Then human behavior questions and were very suspicious of my answers and took everything the wrong way. For example I go to night school and took courses not in IT and they hated that. No smiles, no reactions. Only one easy technical question and I was sent home. The interviewers would be the people you work with and they looked very unfriendly and unhappy. I could tell the job environment was very stressful and really for 22 year old anti-social brats who spend nights feverishly on the computer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC).

Interview

First an online application that must be completed within a few days once started. Then an invitation to take an online intelligence test and personality test, as well as write hand-written responses to several questions. Then a skype interview. Eventually they call you to D.C.. However, I did not get to the in person interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why the Agency?
      What experience do you have that is relevant?
      What are your career goals?
      What would you do if you did not start working here?
      What is your greatest skill?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

I applied online. A couple weeks later I received an email to take an assessment test and would be contacted again if I made it to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Several logic questions were asked.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied after meeting at a campus recruiting event, got emailed a personality and IQ test then was invited to fly out to DC for an in person interview with two current project managers. Signed an NDA so can not elaborate further

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Financial Resource Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Chantilly, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward. Brought me in for a presentation and then a 45 min interview with 2 employees from the finance department. They were extremely nice and answered all of my questions. Now just waiting for the background investigation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you were in charge of. What were the results?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview Process started with a mandatory IQ test and Personality survey which is sent via email. Then, IF selected, you are brought to dc for an interview that is 100% behavioral. The start by giving a briefing on what the process will be like if you are offered a "conditional offer of employment", and talk about the many benefits of the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the best advice you have ever recieved   1 Answer