CIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.7

Nro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

You get flown in, friendly behavioral interview. All that you would expect from a government agency. Not intimidating what so ever. Takes a while to get your back round check, no surprise. The people in charge of your status are readily available.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and after a few months was invited to a recruitment event in a close by city, where they held interviews for all types of postions. It was the early morning and they gave a 2 hour talk between multiple people about the process after the interview, should we get an offer. The interview itself was actually fairly easy and simple. It was entirely behaviorial, so nothing too hard to answer. If you actually have some experience in what you're applying for and have some amount of social skills you should be fine.

Computer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CIA in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Process took around 6 months. Few weeks after submitting my application I got an email asking me four questions (name, major...etc) Then few weeks later they sent me another email asking me to do a timed IQ-like test. and another 200~ questions behavioral test that took around 20 minutes to complete. After that they set up an on-site interview in the DC area which I asked them to reschedule to a different date for personal reasons. They flew me in the day before the interview. Everyone was nice to me and overall, I had a positive experience (Although it did feel like one of the interviewers seemed to dislike me)
    The interview was completely behavioral and no technical questions were asked.
    Besides the fact that I kind of messed up on the interview, I think my dual citizenship/Background had a major part in their decision.
    As for the interview questions,
    forgive me, I don't fully remember them but here goes:

Interview Questions

• A constructive piece of criticism you got from someone and how you received it   Answer Question
    • How you soothed out differences with a difficult person you worked with   Answer Question
    • A misconception that people may have about you   Answer Question
    • How would you be able put your skills to use?
      What skills would you bring in to their workplace
      Answer Question
    • What is your ideal job?
      Have you ever influenced someone to do something (positive)? How/What
      Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CIA in October 2015.

Interview

A couple months after I submitted my application, I received an email asking me to do online testing and fill out a personal questionnaire (hobbies, the college classes you like most and least, etc.). The online testing was pretty challenging; there was an IQ test and writing prompt. A month or two later, I was asked to fly over to DC for an in-person interview. The atmosphere was very casual while waiting for the interview with a group of 15 or so, however the actual interview was in a very small room at a small table with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Name a research project that you have completed, and the role that you took.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at CIA in September 2015.

Interview

very long and comprehensive one on one interview about every job and every situation encountered in the past that had a meaning. Many people involved.it lasted on the first 2 days 3-4 hours then on the next 3 days 6-7 hours per day

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was for the Operations Officer position intended for overseas deployment.

Only participated in the first initial telephone interview. Applied for professional experienced Operations Officer, different from entry level you can find apply online. This can only be applied thru via sending mail.

Overall interview was very basic and included describing years overseas and details of the experience. Also required detailing of network specifically family members and their nationalities, where they live, etc. I did not fit the CIA criteria for this therefore did not proceed from here.

Interview Questions

• Have you done drugs in the past 12 months?   2 Answers
    • Valid drivers license?   1 Answer
    • Please describe your immediate family and their locations and country of citizenship   1 Answer
    • What language abilities do you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIA (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview Process started with a mandatory IQ test and Personality survey which is sent via email. Then, IF selected, you are brought to dc for an interview that is 100% behavioral. The start by giving a briefing on what the process will be like if you are offered a "conditional offer of employment", and talk about the many benefits of the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the best advice you have ever recieved   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a questionnaire about a week later. After submitting that, I was asked to take a series of online assessments, including a writing test and an aptitude test. They then gave me a phone interview, which seemed pretty standard. Most of the questions asked about my previous work experience.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

This is a truly ridiculous process. The interviewing is standard but it is followed with a 18 month background investigation, polygraph and months os silence. If the CIA says they want you do not give your notice. It will take another year and at any time you can't a call saying sorry we changed our minds and you will never get any feedback.

Negotiation

After a year of waiting I was able to negotiate a new salary

Financial Resource Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at CIA.

Interview

What skills would you bring to job? Also pretty much behaivoral questions like why do you think you are suited for this job? Have you ever been faced with a disoriented member?