CIBA Vision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBA Vision Interview Questions

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Submit resume -> manager reviewed -> scheduled phone interview -> onsite interview -> get offer. Negotiate the offer with HR but get declined, very tough to handle on the offer parts. decline offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• What's your most difficult project, how did you solve it.   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Duluth, GA).

Interview

I interviewed twice with this company once with HR and once with Production. I was given the opportunity to visit the production floor to see the operation in motion. I enjoyed the visit adn the interview. I was later called by HR to inform me that I would be receiving an offer for hire with the company. I was very excited. After I received the offer letter I signed it and returned it. Then within the following week I started my new job with the company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question was a question about my experiences with operating linear machines, in which I had no experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiation I was unemployed at the time.

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Duluth, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

My experience was through a temp agency - they saw my resume on Monster.com and called me to screen me for the job they were trying to fill at CIBA. From that phone-call, they decided to forward my application to the hiring manager at CIBA. 2 business days later, they called me to schedule the interview, which ended up being the very next day.

The interview was held in a conference room with 3 people interviewing me (was not warned how many people would be on the interview panel - some of my coworkers have had interview panels with as many as 8 people for a temp position). My initial impressions were all good, the building/office park is beautiful, and everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Everyone was dressed in business casual - khakis and button-down shirts, but I was still glad I wore a suit.

The interview questions were pretty tough - very specific and technical questions mixed with many behavioral questions. The hardest one was, "what would your previous supervisor say about your biggest weaknesses?" The interview lasted for around 55 minutes. Then, the hiring manager took me down the hall to show me the lab and introduce me to some of the other employees (I thought that was a great sign). The lab was really well equipped and the employees all seemed really friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Some technical questions pertaining to items on my resume were asked.   Answer Question
    • If you had to choose between knowing a lot about one subject or knowing a little bit about many subjects, which would you choose and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The temp agency did not give me any opportunity to negotiate after the job offer, even though I tried my hardest to push for a counter-offer. (I had already named my salary requirement before they forwarded my application to CIBA). I was appalled that there was no room for negotiation, but still accepted the job, mainly because I knew it would be a great place to work, and I thought I would have another opportunity to negotiate once they hired me on permanently at the end of my contract.

It turns out, they never hired me on permanently -- just renewed my contract several times. This part of the process was very misleading - I had been led to believe that the company usually hires temps as permanent employees - but this is not true. They just renew the temp contracts over and over again, never offer a permanent position with benefits.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews over multiple visits. Interviewees include HR, Marketing, R&D peers and direct management. Entire process started with phone interview. Took about 2 months from initial phone interview to offer. This did occur over holiday season which may have delayed the overall process. Most interviewees used the "situational-anaylsis" interview approach.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deliver bad news to upper management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes- salary and vacation.

Consumer Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Norcross, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of recruiting company calling {about 15 minutes later} and asking basically the same questions I was asked when I applied online. Rep/recruiter was not able to answer any of the questions I had regarding the position. After it was over I was sent two emails from the recruiter. One thanking me for the time and another wanting me to complete a survey. Never heard another word. Questionable...

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Duluth, GA) in December 2009.

Interview

NA

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview was behavioral, with a lot of "tell me about a time when" type questions. Emphasis on consumer insights, innovation, analytics. There was also a brief case study where the company provided market data in advance, and candidates shared their findings and questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you turned a consumer insight into an actionable recommendation.   Answer Question
    • Case study on market data: share, distribution, velocity, average price.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I went through a recruiter, who handled it for me. I got the salary up $3K and a signing bonus in addition to relocation.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Met with Dept head and HR

Interview Questions

• What was the best good decision you made in your last position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some back and forth with comprimise and agreement

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Duluth, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

The entire process for an Engineer Co-op consisted of 2 interviews: a phone interview and then an on-site interview. The phone-interview was conducted by my would-be manager and lasted an hour. For the on-site interview, I met and had lunch with 5 other interviewers. The questions were typical personality questions, but with more focus on my background, major, school, etc. I also got to meet with the other co-ops to see if it would be a good fit working there and ask them any questions.

Interview Questions

• How is your background/prior experience suited for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBA Vision (Duluth, GA) in May 2008.

Interview

Learned of the opportunity through a head hunter.
    1st round was a phone screen
    Flew in to ATL for in person interviews.
    Met with 5 interviewers
    Mostly behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Negotiated sign-on.