CIBC Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Associate Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

3 stage process, with short meeting in first stage and more technical at later stages. Next, was group stages conducted with 3 people originally and then 3 other members joined. Overall, it was a bit intimidating, but also a quick way to meet the team. Also, the interviewers focused less on technical questions for the majority of the time, and went of to test the right fit for a analyst/ sales position.

Interview Questions

• Credit analysis related questions, related experiences in real estate lending, understanding of the process, under standing of certain customer's needs and products available   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was for an Associate position within CIBC's Technology Leadership Associate Program (TLAP). It was in a group interview format with two interviewers. Overall, the interview atmosphere was very relaxed and the interviewers (one of whom was a current TLAP associate) took a lot of notes in the process.

They started off by asking questions such as 'Why TLAP', 'Walk me through your resume', 'What are your career goals'. They then went on to ask some situational/behavioural questions.

- Describe a failure you faced.
    - What did you learn from the failure?
    - Give an example when you applied that learning.
    - Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.
    - Explain your weaknesses.
    - Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.   Answer Question