CIBC Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this role and selected by the hiring manager for an interview.

The recruiter confirmed the interview process to be a single phone or in-person interview with hiring manager. I was then confirmed for a phone interview with the 'hiring manager.'

Phone Interview with the hiring manager:
I was actually contacted by CIBC HR who was conducting mass pre-screen interviews and not the hiring manager. There was no job description given for this role either.

Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Legislative type questions related to their specific project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university site and received an interview within a couple weeks of applying. Interview was average, mostly behavioural/ situational questions. I was notified that I got the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• go through to describe your resume
      when is a time you were given too much information to work with?
      have you had to work with a difficult team member?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Good interview, looking for fit with culture and group. The skills were evaluated during the phone and online interview. Casual interview the person conducting the interview came from the US. The Job was to work remotely and provide support for North America. The process was quick for this function, but I've heard of other departments have a much more robust interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you overcame adversity in a group and achieved your goals?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process for a bank. Initial interview was by phone with an HR representative. Standard questions: Name your best strength, name one of your weaknesses, etc. Second interview was with the manager who would be overseeing me. Once again, fairly standard. Asked questions pertaining to confidentiality, compliance, and some specifics pertaining to the job. Was asked to speak in french for a portion of the interview as the position was bilingual.

Interview Questions

• No questions that were out of the ordinary. Very standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very clear and good process.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Short and nice. I had the interview that day in a very friendly environment. I was asked a few questions that I answered well, and the interviewer was impressed. CIBC is a good place to work, and it is a good environment where you have an opportunity to learn a lot. There is a chance to be promoted, if you work hard.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in December 2009.

Interview

CIBC advertised the position through the university's intern office. Received invitation to interview by email. Interview consisted of a number of behavioral-type questions, one case study, and a couple of technical questions. Overall experience of interview was positive, as the HR and supervisor took the candidate seriously. Advice: be prepared for the case study question, because that caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you resolved a conflict in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

Originally communicated with the company through job postings made available by post-secondary institution. I was called and e-mailed to be informed that they would like to formally interview me. I went to their head office for the interview and was made an offer within one week. After this there were many forms that needed to be filled out in order to have them formally hire me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you had caught a co-worker and friend stealing company property?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you were a member of a team that was disfunctional and the steps that you took in order to get the team back on track.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because it was a co-op position