CIBC Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Initial telephone screening process took approximately 45 minutes. Gauge of competencies and personality. After this I was invited for an in person interview, about 7 days after telephone screen. Conducted a panel interview which consisted of 4 current managers with salesforce experience. Very thorough and specific questions. Interview was booked for 1 hour and lasted exactly that long.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you had to deliver difficult news to a client while successfully maintaining a client relationship?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

First I got a call from the recruiter or talent acquisition as they call them. We had a proper interview over the phone that took about 30 minutes. It was a pleasant process although it took 3 tries for us to both be available for the interview in a quiet place.

The next interview was in person with two managers present. The questions were mostly behavioural in which you have to give a lot of scenerio examples .

The talent acquisitor writes down your response. There was also role playing. They give you a brochure of their credit cards or any of their other products. They give you a few minutes to read through it and they ask you to pretend they are the client and you have to sell them the product. Make sure you know a few of their products in case they don't let you study the brochure before asking you to role play.

I got the job but the process took about 3 weeks and they use back check for which asks for 2 to 3 professional references.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply online on campus, phone interview (behaviourial, why CIBC etc) then in person interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks from application to the in person interview. It was very pleasant and laidback, to be honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job and was called within 2 days to prepare for a telephone interview. I did the telephone interview within a week. I didn't meet the accreditation and was offered customer service which I declined.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gone out of your way to solve a problem, if yes , describe the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

So far I have been only through the telephone interview. HR was very easygoing and polite. At first she asked some questions about my availability for work and training, then told me about the job itself. Then she asked some questions based on my resume (where and when I had worked) and found out some details about my previous job responsibilities. There also came a number of behavioral questions. The interview lasted for 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - what CS is about, the responsibilities of CSR;
      - how you learnt about this position;
      - why you want to work for CIBC;
      - the last time you went out and beyond to help a customer;
      - a time you made a mistake and the outcome;
      - a time you had to announce unpleasant news to a customer;
      - if you happened to work on several projects at a time;   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The were discussed points about my experience and reason for my interest in job and really I could do this job. Some questions were made to personal life. Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

quick and easy, pretty much people said in glassdoor, easy questions, basiclly ask question about your previous experience. first is phone interview then in person. people are nice, get the offer within two days,

Interview Questions

• previous work experience, scenario question, deal with angry client, handle cash   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took 3 weeks to make it to the final interview with an intake manager and branch manager ! now waiting for the final call of recruitment !

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Event, met with a manager asked me about why I wanted to work there and about the position and why should he chose me

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

in 2013 they had a career fair in calgary, ab and i unfortunately walked in for an interview and got selected. they pay you minimum wage and expect you to sell any they you can. this is a sales job and you aren't advising people you are selling stuff all the time