CIBC Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2016

3.1

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

First I got a call from the recruiter or talent acquisition as they call them. We had a proper interview over the phone that took about 30 minutes. It was a pleasant process although it took 3 tries for us to both be available for the interview in a quiet place.

The next interview was in person with two managers present. The questions were mostly behavioural in which you have to give a lot of scenerio examples .

The talent acquisitor writes down your response. There was also role playing. They give you a brochure of their credit cards or any of their other products. They give you a few minutes to read through it and they ask you to pretend they are the client and you have to sell them the product. Make sure you know a few of their products in case they don't let you study the brochure before asking you to role play.

I got the job but the process took about 3 weeks and they use back check for which asks for 2 to 3 professional references.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply online on campus, phone interview (behaviourial, why CIBC etc) then in person interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks from application to the in person interview. It was very pleasant and laidback, to be honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job and was called within 2 days to prepare for a telephone interview. I did the telephone interview within a week. I didn't meet the accreditation and was offered customer service which I declined.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gone out of your way to solve a problem, if yes , describe the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

So far I have been only through the telephone interview. HR was very easygoing and polite. At first she asked some questions about my availability for work and training, then told me about the job itself. Then she asked some questions based on my resume (where and when I had worked) and found out some details about my previous job responsibilities. There also came a number of behavioral questions. The interview lasted for 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - what CS is about, the responsibilities of CSR;
      - how you learnt about this position;
      - why you want to work for CIBC;
      - the last time you went out and beyond to help a customer;
      - a time you made a mistake and the outcome;
      - a time you had to announce unpleasant news to a customer;
      - if you happened to work on several projects at a time;
      Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The were discussed points about my experience and reason for my interest in job and really I could do this job. Some questions were made to personal life. Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

quick and easy, pretty much people said in glassdoor, easy questions, basiclly ask question about your previous experience. first is phone interview then in person. people are nice, get the offer within two days,

Interview Questions

• previous work experience, scenario question, deal with angry client, handle cash   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took 3 weeks to make it to the final interview with an intake manager and branch manager ! now waiting for the final call of recruitment !

Interview Questions

• Role Play of how would you deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Event, met with a manager asked me about why I wanted to work there and about the position and why should he chose me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

interview process

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

At Open House fair or (Initial Phone Interview), they will throw-in couple of Customer Service questions and 1-2 situational based questions, what do you know about the FSR role ?
    (The key thing is look them in the eye and answer confidently (without sounding needy), you will get to the next stage. which is on the 3rd floor downtown cibc. 3 person firing up questions which was unexpected and came out of surprize. (2 in-take hiring managers and 1 branch manager) (unnecessary over staffing hr)

Interview Questions

• - How would you incorporate client relationship management into fsr role
      - Other behavourial and situational based questions
      - If working on a task how would you take up accountability for that ?
      -------------------Most Important----------------
      Sales Role Play - FSR (you will be given 5mins to read and analyse)
      You will act as FSR and the hiring manager will act as a new client and Employee of cibc where you would help to open a new staff account for Payroll purposes.

You will be evaluated on your Communication Skills, Professionalism, ability to uncover clients potential financial needs as well as influencing skills.
      Tips:
      - Understand who the customer is i.e. kyc details, Ask Questions
      - Listen for Verbal Queues. this will help you uncover immediate and / or future opportunities or referrals
      - Take charge of the conversation
      Answer Question