CIBC Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

CIBC Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. It consisted of an initial phone interview where I was asked behavioral questions. This part took about half an hour. Then I was invited for a face to face interview with 2 branch managers. The second interview was about an hour long and it consisted of a behavioral questions part, followed by a simulation of a scenario you would be facing during this position.

Interview Questions

• What are some transferable skills that you can take from a previous experience and apply it to this role?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Hiring process was long (over a month before I heard). Interview questions were technical and based on previous experience. More questions about my ability to perform in the role than my ability to fit in the culture. All fair questions. Interviewer was engaging and transparent about the team and role.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was about 40 minutes and I was asked typical behavioural questions and questions on prior experiences. There were some questions on education and designations. Formal but relaxed and had some time to ask questions at the end.

Credit Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The phone interview was pretty generic. Some basic and behavior questions. Accent on a previous customer service experience. After that, face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted about 20-30 min with mostly behavior questions and more in depth understanding of the role. The location is one of the head offices north of the city. Very close to the subway and also available parking. Very good compensation package with vacation and benefits. The next day after the interview got a call from HR with a job offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Weaknesses, how to handle a difficult customer, where you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online then received a call from their HR to schedule a phone interview. Did the interview and it was quite laid back and casual. Was told the second phase of interviews would take place a week or two later and that I would hear back from them if considered. 2 Weeks later I got another call and was told they had not started the second phase and were going to do another set of phone interviews to "touch base" with candidates, questions were exactly the same.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and tell me a little bit about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the position?   1 Answer
    • What are your short term and long term goals?   1 Answer
    • How do you approach customer service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, was invited for an phone interview with recruiter and after few days for in-person interview at the branch. I was interviewed with the hiring and a branch manager. Nice talk overall

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this role?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

First, the talent acquisition representative contacted me from Ottawa. She seemed very friendly and we had a brief conversation about my experiences and etc. She passed my profile to HR for the next interview. I had a phone interview with her, however she didn't get back to me with any feedback. At the same time branch manager was interested in appointing an interview with me. He left a voicemail, however when I called him back and left a voicemail he didn't get back to me. No reply to the email either. Very disappointed. They have made a negative impression. At least there should be some respect. Don't think will be working for CIBC or refer anyone there.

Interview Questions

• Previous sales experience, working with clients and etc.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were three stages in the interview process. It was an an interactive interview with the HR representative. The second step was with the on-boarding manager. The third stage was with a panel which includes some banking centre leaders.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First applied on-line, then got a call from HR recruiter, had an telephone interview.. went successful and then was given an opportunity to meet the managers at the branch for an in-person interview

Interview Questions

• -strengths & weaknesses
      -why cibc
      -what you bring to the table
      Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC in January 2017.

Interview

All the interview proceeded in a friendly and very positive way. They are very sincere and confident about how the candidate can achieve their goals. The branch manager is great... will be wonderful work with her

Interview Questions

• More details about a challenge situation in your life   1 Answer

Negotiation

A good advice is maintain the expectation low during the process.. show yourself interest in the bank... not only in the salary. Tons of benefits and good people to work. Be honest about your financial goals