CIBC Credit Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Credit Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers. Asked about my background in retail and business banking, and why I would be a good fit for this position. Asked 10 scenario questions in how I handled past situations. Finally went through a mock scenario where I had to analyze a client's portfolio, assess ability and willingness to make arrangements of repayment based on the information presented.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a contract so only had one phone interview and one face interview. Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Also reviewed my past experience. The interview process took only about 25 to 30 minutes. The quality of questions asked were easy. They were also hiring for the peak season (a new card launch) so I believe they were lenient with the questions.

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Was called the same day. Had 1 interview with HR/recruiter on the phone and 1 interview one-on-one. Process took 1 week. Call center was hiring abundantly. The interview with HR is pretty much the same as the one-on-one. Recruiter was encouraging and gave me advice for the next round, which is an awesome attitude.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral questions. No surprise there. It is more about personality fit. I have understood that the centre in which I was going to work had a lot of unrest due to employees not being happy about pay. They are basically avoiding the troublemakers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is not really negotiable. It's a level 4. They have set charts that they use. Relatively standard at this level in financial institutions.

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2008.

Interview

They have very good hiring process. Very through in detail about the job requirement and what is expected of you in the role you are applying for. Several levels of interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Frankly they do not negotiate the salary part as you have to accept the offer or don't get hired.