CIBC Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2016

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

After 2 Days I had phone interview asking me few questions and it took about 10 minutes then I had call after 2 days asking me for face to face interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call from recruiter after applying online and an interview was scheduled with the hiring manager a week later. The interview was based on my previous experience and what achievements I had before.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

A manager referred me and I was working for another top bank at the time. The process was quick as I got a call within a couple of days from a district manager for an interview date

Interview Questions

• Career plans for the next 5years   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Interview

first interview was a prescreen telephone interview, about 20mins, just general questions, and asked about your resume, previous work experience, completed CSC, focus on sales experience. having sales exp and CSC competed are definitely helpful for the interview. questions about what do you know about this job (financial advisor), where did you apply, tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about this job (financial advisor), where did you apply, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

apply through online. Went through phone interview and then referred to local hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I have waited for a long time before I actually contacted for the opportunity I applied.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was first contacted by the hiring manager, and grilled me with very difficult questions regarding financial planning, assets under management, as well as the serving clients.
    It was one of the most difficult interviews I've had in a while. She then told me that she was not sure if the branch manager will contact me, but she would put in a word for me. She gave me a time frame when to expect a call. I received the call from the branch manager who schedule my interview together with the district manager. They asked me a few questions about how to deal with clients, what I knew about financial planning, what I think about cold calls. What I liked about this interview is that the district manager laid everything out on the table, what to expect in this job and all. He was very frank and straight up front. I also needed to have a third interview where I was asked what my thoughts were after the second interview we've had.

Interview Questions

• what can you offer to the table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

tried, but i did a lot of research and I didn't have the accreditation they were looking for to put me at a higher starting bracket.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in February 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call
    Interviewed
    2 weeks later was invited for an interview
    After that was called for a second one
    After 1 week received an offer
    And voila

Everything was smooth

Interview Questions

• Tell me about urself
      Where u see urslef in 3 years
      Why you
      Why cibc
      Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

five rounds of interview, long, detailed, over the phone and in person