CIBC Financial Service Representative II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter approached me after I posted my resume on Indeed. She referred me to her colleague, who contacted me after one week through email.
- Phone interview: basic question - background, related experience and availability
- Face interview: In person with district hiring manager - similar to what HR asked and he would let you know whether you get hired or not immediately. No negotiation on salary.

PS. Background check is a headache.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

First,I had a telephone interview with the HR person after that I got a call for scheduling face to face interview one week after. It was ok. I will get the feedback by this week.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

First telephone interview, basically questions about your knowledge about the job and your former working experience. Required certain certificates. 2:1 face to face interview, one of them is hr, the other is banking center leader. A lot of scenario questions.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

There are 3 components to the interviewing process. 1) Phone interview 2) In-person Manager interview 3) HR-interview. They all ask the same questions in regards to your experience with conflict management, cold calling, sales and customer service. Be prepared for scenario questions and you may only have 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you helped a costumer solve an issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase as this is an entry -level position.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

got an telephone interview from hr, the interview was about 10-15 mins. was offered to come in for face to face interview. the face to face interview was about 30 mins. overall positive experience. the HR staff was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me one suggestion you gave that made a difference at your current role.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Email contacted by a recruiter asking if I will consider an FSR position at CIBC. With a yes reply, I was scheduled for a phone interview (45 mins), then on-site interview with branch manager (an hour). Decision made about one week after on-site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked about what I get from previous employer, which was a commission based position. Then they asked what I want. Got similar paid

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

After being approved on the phone interview I was invited for a panel interview.

There were 3 guys on that. It was pretty hard and tiring about 45min discussing.

Unecessary questions. It would be more productive if asked if you know the roles your experience related to that, tell about the salary so if you did not agreed with that you would save time to everybody.

Interview Questions

• First questions was ok such as tell me about your most recent experience how did you capture clients and achieve your sales targets.
      Tell me a hard situation you were sucessed.
      After that started behaviour questions and was the worst part.
      A lot of massive questions and real simulations such as: how would you approach to a client or non client yet and tell him about our products? Real simulation with the manager.... he was the client and had already a credit card... how would I convince him to get cibc's card.
      What would I do if a client started to screaming in the Branch?
      And what if the client was not calm yet?
      And the last and worst: what would I do to convince a client to buy for example $20,000 in a FX if he just wanted $5,000?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Hired internally after one year as a teller. Interviewed by one guy, very easy interview. There was quite a daily in the hiring process because of short staff in the branches for tellers.

Interview Questions

• What are the main things you would do in this role to be successful?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Was working as CSR before. Applied FSR intake program via company's carrer website. District manager seated up interview for me. Basically all interview questions centered around your sales record and sales skills.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me how did you managed client complain.
      2. Tell me how did you handle unhappy client.
      3. What did you do to achieve your target.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. everything was taken care on phone
    Interview
    Phone and than face interview, good experience, very polite and helpful people. Made the whole experience very friendly and amiable. It was a great interview environment which was not hostile at all.

Interview Questions

• The very first question was about my past sales experience?   Answer Question