CIBC Financial Services Representative II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Financial Services Representative II Interview Questions

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

First,I had a telephone interview with the HR person after that I got a call for scheduling face to face interview one week after. It was ok. I will get the feedback by this week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

After being approved on the phone interview I was invited for a panel interview.

There were 3 guys on that. It was pretty hard and tiring about 45min discussing.

Unecessary questions. It would be more productive if asked if you know the roles your experience related to that, tell about the salary so if you did not agreed with that you would save time to everybody.

Interview Questions

• First questions was ok such as tell me about your most recent experience how did you capture clients and achieve your sales targets.
      Tell me a hard situation you were sucessed.
      After that started behaviour questions and was the worst part.
      A lot of massive questions and real simulations such as: how would you approach to a client or non client yet and tell him about our products? Real simulation with the manager.... he was the client and had already a credit card... how would I convince him to get cibc's card.
      What would I do if a client started to screaming in the Branch?
      And what if the client was not calm yet?
      And the last and worst: what would I do to convince a client to buy for example $20,000 in a FX if he just wanted $5,000?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter, had a brief phone interview, and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the manager. Mostly behavioral questions about your experience in customer services. He asked for CSC, and explained the training program, compensations and benefits at the beginning of the interview.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Two weeks

Interview Questions

• What is meant by open branch environment, working with a tablet   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Very simple and transparent

You apply online and if you have all the required skills you will be contacted by HR and they will screen you through phone interview and then you go to personal interview.

Let's say if you don't clear the personal one..you can still follow up with the HR and ask them to give you feed backs

Interview Questions

• everything they ask you is very simple.you just have to be confident   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

interview process was good

Financial Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in January 2013.

Interview

within 2 days of submitting online application got an email for phone interview and after 2 weeks for face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• questionswere pretty much easy. e.g how to deal a difficult customer, how do you feel about sales, how you found urself right for the position...e.t.c   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

Applied online, got an email the day afterwards about scheduling a phone call interview. I actually applied for different FSR II positions throughout the last 2 months and somehow I have got 4 phone interviews from different HR's but somehow was not contacted for face to face interview. Questions are fairly easy, goes through your resume and asks you some behavior questions from you past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Questions fairly straight forward

How will you sell a product to a client that feels objective about certain characteristics of that product ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

First start with Phone interview. Most questions are behavior question. For example, what is your career goal in five years; what is your weakness; why do you want to work at CIBC; what is your understanding for this position; give an example about how to handle a difficult client. The Phone interview is about 30 min.

For the face to face interview, interviewer still ask a lot of behavior questions. Be sure to know company and prepare the role play question.

Interview Questions

• First time to face a role play question during the interview   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in July 2009.

Interview

I got a phone call from HR of CIBC and was informed that there would have a formal telephone interview.
    my tips are preparing yourself for tough qestion, well understand the job description and find out what kind of employee whom they want to hire.
    After phone interview, I was informed that I need to have a 1:1 interview with one of Financial Planners who I may work closely. Also I would havea interview with the branch Manager separately. Also I knew the fact is they prefer to hire internal person in the branch level.
    Be aware of this. I knew this later on. The main reason that I was turn down because the branch manager and financial planner felt more comfortalbe to hire internal person who know their work culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What do you think about the key skill to be success for this positiion?   1 Answer