CIBC Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

I passed phone interview 4 weeks ago, the talent acquisition has sent out my profile. no one contact me,then he phoned my said the internal person got the job. but later branch manager ask me to initiate an interview one more weeks later. then failed me without reason.
the total process is unprofessional and ridiculous

Interview Questions

• do u have certificates? OF Course I Have! Have u read through my resume before interview?!!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBC in May 2017.

Interview

After a 30-45 min. Phone interview, the recruiter scheduled a face-to-face interview the following day. The face-to-face interview was 50% in french and 50% in english question. French questions determined your ability to express yourself and describe your past roles, responsibilities and achievements. English questions were based on specific situations and role playing questions.
    Job offered the same day. Base salary's non-negotiable. Backcheck/reference check once job offer was accepted.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Telephone interview talent acquisition called and asked if I had a moment to talk. I was unavailable at the time so they called the next day and asked basic questions how did you hear about them? Why do you want to work for them? More customer service oriented

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from hr rep. Had a telephone screening with her and had another telephone interview after that. Last interview was at Cibc building with hr person which was straight forward and asked the same kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why CIBC? What are your strengths? Name a time you resolved a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got told hourly rate and accepted.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in April 2017.

Interview

First i got a 5 min call from the HR to set a phone call interview for the following week. The following week she called, she was nice and asked few questions about me, my past experience and we did role play. We spoke for over an hour, fixed a date for face to face interview with the Branch Manager. For the face to face interview i was asked to do a proper role play, so make sure you prepare very well

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Very positive experience. It is important to be prepared and feel confident during a job interview. I took time to consider how to respond questions. I was very honest than I told about myself. I reviewed the most common interview questions and it realy helped me very much.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

First, the talent acquisition representative contacted me from Ottawa. She seemed very friendly and we had a brief conversation about my experiences and etc. She passed my profile to HR for the next interview. I had a phone interview with her, however she didn't get back to me with any feedback. At the same time branch manager was interested in appointing an interview with me. He left a voicemail, however when I called him back and left a voicemail he didn't get back to me. No reply to the email either. Very disappointed. They have made a negative impression. At least there should be some respect. Don't think will be working for CIBC or refer anyone there.

Interview Questions

• Previous sales experience, working with clients and etc.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were three stages in the interview process. It was an an interactive interview with the HR representative. The second step was with the on-boarding manager. The third stage was with a panel which includes some banking centre leaders.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

First i got a 5 min call from their recruiter to set a phone call interview, then another 48min call interview the following day from the same person. I advise against accepting an interview the following day, you need more time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• •Why CIBC?
      •How do you meet your sales targets?
      •What do you know about the role?
      •Are you comfortable with cold calling and getting rejected?
      •Tell me about your previous employment? What exactely did you do?
      •how many cold calls did you do per week and how many ended up with appointments
      •why did you quit your previous jobs?
      • Did you ever sell investment products, credit products?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the HR, she was kind and asked few questions about me and my past experience, we spoke for almost an hour, late fixed a date for one on one interview with the HR. In HR interview i was asked to role play, so make sure you go through about their few credit cards, they will ask you to sell them any credit card.after the role play discussed salary, availability, work hour etc etc.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, describe your achievements, strengths and weakness, best customer service skills questions etc   Answer Question