CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.9

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted initial application online. Was invited to on-site in a few weeks. No phone interview. Onsite consisted of three one on one interviews with the hiring manager MD, and couple of his team members, all three were relatively senior people. One of them was a quant, others were more behavioral and asked more about my resume/experience.

Interview Questions

• Puzzles/brainteasers on probability and basic math, some stochastic calculus stuff. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Ontario, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to set a phone interview with HR people for the phone.The second round interview is in the branch which I applied for and with two mangers. One of the mangers asks the questions and another was just recording the answers.

Interview Questions

• What if you are unable to help the client?   2 Answers

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Telephone interview talent acquisition called and asked if I had a moment to talk. I was unavailable at the time so they called the next day and asked basic questions how did you hear about them? Why do you want to work for them? More customer service oriented

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

applied online and was contacted via email to come in for an in person interview. I was not phone screened. I Interviewed with 2 members of the team and they used an interview guide with standard behaviour based questions. At the end of the interview I asked what the next steps were and they told me they would make a decision within a few days and let me know either way. After a week I followed up and never heard back. Been a few weeks now and they never responded or let me know I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to escalate a situation. Tell me about a time when you had to work with little guidance. Tell me about a time when you failed, what did you learn.   Answer Question

CIBC Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. The process took 1 week and I got call today the interview is pretty good and its about your work experience and few questions regarding availability and accommodation and told there will be another round with manager. so I'm waiting for the next call.

Interview Questions

• what is your long term goal in this profession?
      what is your previous experience?
      Tell me about how you build a relationship with a customer and how you sell or give an advice to them?
      why did you choose cibc?
      Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

First, the talent acquisition representative contacted me from Ottawa. She seemed very friendly and we had a brief conversation about my experiences and etc. She passed my profile to HR for the next interview. I had a phone interview with her, however she didn't get back to me with any feedback. At the same time branch manager was interested in appointing an interview with me. He left a voicemail, however when I called him back and left a voicemail he didn't get back to me. No reply to the email either. Very disappointed. They have made a negative impression. At least there should be some respect. Don't think will be working for CIBC or refer anyone there.

Interview Questions

• Previous sales experience, working with clients and etc.   Answer Question

Associate Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got contacted by email about a few days after the deadline. No phone interview. I met one team lead and had about 30 min discussion. Then followed by a case study. I was told that someone would contact me by the end of the week but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• All banks offer pretty much the same products& service, how do you differentiate yourself?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about 6 days to get interview. Very friendly and questions are usually tailored to what you mentioned on your resume. It is imperative that you keep up with the news the ensure you know what to talk about. If you have been keeping up with the news already, this is very helpful. Have a basic understanding of evaluations of stocks and companies. There are 2 rounds, therefore the 1st round tends to be less technical.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time? Do you manage your own portfolio?
      How would you invest $1 million?
      Any stock you prefer? How do you evaluate stock
      Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

the interviewer was hard to understand due to langueage barier and a very hard accent. He was not very professional. Did not give much info about the project

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I had to send my resume, and a cover letter. Once reviewed, the recruiter emailed me for an in-person interview.
    At the interview I was asked behavioral and technical questions. I did not get into second round.