CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Credit Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The phone interview was pretty generic. Some basic and behavior questions. Accent on a previous customer service experience. After that, face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted about 20-30 min with mostly behavior questions and more in depth understanding of the role. The location is one of the head offices north of the city. Very close to the subway and also available parking. Very good compensation package with vacation and benefits. The next day after the interview got a call from HR with a job offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Weaknesses, how to handle a difficult customer, where you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this role and selected by the hiring manager for an interview.

The recruiter confirmed the interview process to be a single phone or in-person interview with hiring manager. I was then confirmed for a phone interview with the 'hiring manager.'

Phone Interview with the hiring manager:
    I was actually contacted by CIBC HR who was conducting mass pre-screen interviews and not the hiring manager. There was no job description given for this role either.

Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Legislative type questions related to their specific project.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

First, the talent acquisition representative contacted me from Ottawa. She seemed very friendly and we had a brief conversation about my experiences and etc. She passed my profile to HR for the next interview. I had a phone interview with her, however she didn't get back to me with any feedback. At the same time branch manager was interested in appointing an interview with me. He left a voicemail, however when I called him back and left a voicemail he didn't get back to me. No reply to the email either. Very disappointed. They have made a negative impression. At least there should be some respect. Don't think will be working for CIBC or refer anyone there.

Interview Questions

• Previous sales experience, working with clients and etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job i received a email regarding the telephonic interview and at the same time HR confirmed me for the face to face interview on site.
    It took another week for for employer to send me email for final interview.
    I was offered a employment letter same day .

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were three stages in the interview process. It was an an interactive interview with the HR representative. The second step was with the on-boarding manager. The third stage was with a panel which includes some banking centre leaders.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First applied on-line, then got a call from HR recruiter, had an telephone interview.. went successful and then was given an opportunity to meet the managers at the branch for an in-person interview

Interview Questions

• -strengths & weaknesses
      -why cibc
      -what you bring to the table
      Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC in January 2017.

Interview

All the interview proceeded in a friendly and very positive way. They are very sincere and confident about how the candidate can achieve their goals. The branch manager is great... will be wonderful work with her

Interview Questions

• More details about a challenge situation in your life   1 Answer

Negotiation

A good advice is maintain the expectation low during the process.. show yourself interest in the bank... not only in the salary. Tons of benefits and good people to work. Be honest about your financial goals

Fsr2 Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Very prompt reply initially. Then had to wait for a long period for background check to be complete. Only a two-member panel direct in person interview. No telephone interview or personality tests. Very relaxed environment. General behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Associate Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got contacted by email about a few days after the deadline. No phone interview. I met one team lead and had about 30 min discussion. Then followed by a case study. I was told that someone would contact me by the end of the week but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions

• All banks offer pretty much the same products& service, how do you differentiate yourself?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about 6 days to get interview. Very friendly and questions are usually tailored to what you mentioned on your resume. It is imperative that you keep up with the news the ensure you know what to talk about. If you have been keeping up with the news already, this is very helpful. Have a basic understanding of evaluations of stocks and companies. There are 2 rounds, therefore the 1st round tends to be less technical.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time? Do you manage your own portfolio?
      How would you invest $1 million?
      Any stock you prefer? How do you evaluate stock
      Answer Question