CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Tell about yourself, very generic questions. Time you had to solve a problem. Did a walk through of my resume. I think they need a head count so the interview process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my excel skills, if was able to deal with large volumes of data   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university's co-op program. I was interviewed by two people, in person. All basic behavioral questions. Lasted less then 30 minutes. A lot of the time was spent with them describing their own roles and the role I was applying for. We basically walked through my resume for the majority of the time.

Technical Process Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with manager and other co-op student. Interviewed on June 2017. Received offer for 8 month work term within a week. Interview was easy and about 20 minutes. Knowledge of ITIL process and ServiceNow useful.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term and short term goals.   1 Answer
    • Describe a challenge you faced in a team setting.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I first dropped off my resume to the branch in person, the branch manager gave me a call few days later to apply for the posting on-line. I was called later to schedule an interview.

Senior Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Initial telephone screening process took approximately 45 minutes. Gauge of competencies and personality. After this I was invited for an in person interview, about 7 days after telephone screen. Conducted a panel interview which consisted of 4 current managers with salesforce experience. Very thorough and specific questions. Interview was booked for 1 hour and lasted exactly that long.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when you had to deliver difficult news to a client while successfully maintaining a client relationship?   Answer Question

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers. Asked about my background in retail and business banking, and why I would be a good fit for this position. Asked 10 scenario questions in how I handled past situations. Finally went through a mock scenario where I had to analyze a client's portfolio, assess ability and willingness to make arrangements of repayment based on the information presented.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

I passed phone interview 4 weeks ago, the talent acquisition has sent out my profile. no one contact me,then he phoned my said the internal person got the job. but later branch manager ask me to initiate an interview one more weeks later. then failed me without reason.
    the total process is unprofessional and ridiculous

Interview Questions

• do u have certificates? OF Course I Have! Have u read through my resume before interview?!!   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

phone interview with HR, 2 in person interviews - first with direct manager, 2nd with sr. management. The interview with the one-up manager was strictly behavioural and unimpressive. The interview with the sr. manager was informal and more about fit and culture.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioural stuff - i.e. name a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a call a week ago to book a time for a Phone Interview with HR, she called me and we talked for 30 minutes, not a real interview more like a finding out what I've been up to, and what do I expect from the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me when I could start.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBC in May 2017.

Interview

After a 30-45 min. Phone interview, the recruiter scheduled a face-to-face interview the following day. The face-to-face interview was 50% in french and 50% in english question. French questions determined your ability to express yourself and describe your past roles, responsibilities and achievements. English questions were based on specific situations and role playing questions.
    Job offered the same day. Base salary's non-negotiable. Backcheck/reference check once job offer was accepted.