CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.8

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Telephone interview. First is the confirmation of the job content (what might be somewhat different then you would expect), and then they asked the most common question"tell me about yourself" and general questions about your experiences. Two scenario questions about your interpersonal skills, which were easy to answer if you had related experiences. No technical test part.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview. I was called on phone. The interviewer said an update would be provided in 2 weeks. followed up by phone after. and all I got was 'sorry I was going to call you"

Coop Test Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Phone interviewed for 30 min. Received invitation to 2nd round interview after a day. Face-to-face interviewed on the next week. Followed up a week after. Received offer on the 3rd week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Referred by friend, submitted resume, had in-person interview with board of managers, had phone interview, received job offer by phone. Then went through extensive domestic and international screenings and background checks which were arranged by an assigned HR rep. After reviewing the offer letter I requested a higher salary since it had not been mentioned until this point in the process. CIBC was firm on its monetary figure and did not budge.

IT Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer described briefly the organization, the role and the expectations.
    This was followed by a brief description of my experience and education, flowed by free discussion around my CV

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Advisory Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to 1:1 in-person interview with Hiring Manager within a week.

Manager seemed very casual and asked me to sit and tell me about myself without any greetings. I described my current and previous work experiences, technical skills and education. I tried to relate them with job description but manager reacted negatively to most of them and kept saying "Oh so you don't have this skill/experience?"

I asked questions about what technologies and skills would be used the most for this position since about a two dozen of them were listed in the job description. After several minutes of discussion, manager responded that most of the applications listed in the job descriptions are not being used currently and may not be used in the future. I was shocked when he told me that I was the first candidate being interviewed and that I will be invited for 2nd round of interviews only if other candidates, who he claimed had 3-5 years' more experience than me, do extremely bad in their respective interviews.

Manager asked me about my salary expectations and I provided a range in line with industry standards. He told me that the expectation is quite high and argued that more experienced individuals are paid less than that. He started bargaining and offered me a range that was less than my current salary. I didn't bother negotiating as I had already lost interest in the position.

This was by far the worst interview I have attended in my career. I understand that not all managers are same but the interview left a very bad impression of working culture at CIBC on me. I was surprised that a manager working for such a reputed bank can behave like this. CIBC should consider providing training and guidance to their managers who are responsible for conducting interviews.

Financial Services Representative I (Outbound) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

first it was a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter the a 1 hour face-to-face with hiring manager and role play with customer on the phone.

customer in role play was a newlywed going on honeymoon and had to sell a credit card. You have to congratulate the customer and ask them about their income, their interests and suggest a credit card accordingly and try to close the sale. you have to act excited on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a customer and how you resolved the issue.
      How are you at multitasking?
      How would you manage to succeed at sales?
      1 Answer

Senior Manager, Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 2 in-person interviews. I never heard back from the recruiters or managers, even after multiple emails reaching out to them. Got offers at 3 other banks. CIBC was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is one leadership experience you are proud of?   Answer Question

Senior Account Processing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied through an agency and it took two weeks to get a call back.
    I interviewed at one of the branches in downtown Toronto.
    I met with the supervisor and she asked mostly behavioural type of questions to see if I would be ideal for the role.
    She explained the responsibilities of the role
    She asked if I had any questions
    It was nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you made a mistake and what did you do to rectify it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Applied online and one day later recived call. Telephone interview with HR first and then a face to face interview, lasted for about an hour, behavior questions and match different products with different customers. Very good experience.

Negotiation