CIBC Mellon Fund Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Mellon Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.3

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

There were two rounds for me, first round with HR second round with the team lead. Be prepared for definitions like "NAV", what does fund accounting do in general. No hard or tricky questions overall, it took almost an hour in total.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC Mellon

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview

It was a very straight forward interview. They asked me the typical standard behavioral questions and then transitioned into the technical skills that you possess. Know your accounting fundamentals (journal entries on dividends, prepaid expenses etc), know excel (VLookup, pivot tables, macros), and know your mutual funds (NAV, stock split etc).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, weakness, technical questions on accounting, excel and mutual funds   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Referred by a networking event. Interviews were held on site during the networking event. There were 2 interviewers. It seems like they have never read your resume before, ask a lot of questions while they were reading the resume. The interview was around 15-20 minutes long because there are a lot of interviewees.

Interview Questions

• If there are multiple tasks due today, let's say 6 p.m. and you don't really have enough time. How will you handle this situation?/What are you going to do next?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I get an email to enter the second round of the interview. Get to meet the supervisor in mississagua and interview one to one. They are nice and ask questions mostly about the accounting fundamental and mutual fund. Contacted by the HR to know the interview outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, process 2 weeks. Interview in downtown Toronto. They asked very general questions and few accounting questions, not hard at all if you know basic about accounting. Didn't hear back from them

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

Was emailed for an interview on campus after applying through the university website in late April. We were told that we would be hearing back within the following week, but nothing still so far.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any extracurricular story are a part of.   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview

Got interview through referral, process took 2 weeks.
    - phone interview with HR (general HR questions)
    - in person interview with manager and senior
    - background check (school and criminal record) is extensive and took the longest to complete

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and technical questions.
      - Tell me about yourself, how did you overcome a conflict
      - What are corporate actions, what is a stock split, how do you calculate the NAV
      Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got interview through referral, process took 2 weeks.
    - phone interview with HR (general HR questions)
    - in person interview with manager and senior

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and technical questions.
      - Tell me about yourself, how did you overcome a conflict
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I got interviewed on campus. HR told me during interview that they would call back within the week whether I received an offer or not, but they never did. This interview was for future opportunities and current opportunities. HR never left me their contact information to follow up. I recommend you ask for contact information before you leave the interview.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC Mellon (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Fair interview questions and process, reasonable time spent on interview ..about 30 mins..interview consisted of technical and general question....

Interview Questions

• What is the diff. Between cash method and accural method   Answer Question