CIBC Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBC Senior Manager Interview Questions

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Hr interview and screening
( purely key word matching)
Hr send upto 10 resumes to Hiring manager and hiring manager selects 4-5 resumes, depends on his or her criteria
Then Hiring manager interview and one up manager interview for second opinion
if u have to great thru , use internal reference or someone in CIBC can send ur resume as internal reference

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Basically the decision was made before I even got a chance. So some casual discussions about skillsets but the interviewer was inexperienced regarding the area yet making all the (wrong hiring) decisions. The entire process was a spoof as it was done to create the illusion of opportunity within the group as two positions were combined into one mysteriously.

Interview Questions

• Thanks for applying, what are you doing now exactly, how are your vba skills? Basically stalling and making it seem like i had a chance and not clearly communicating the role as it changed somehow within the hiring process compared to when it was posted, thus throwing off any other candidates.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied to posting through job portal

Had a face to face interview with HR Consultant within 1.5 weeks

Will have second face to face interview with Department member in one week

There is a third round of interviews with the head of the business unit and is the final interview

Interview Questions

• Why did you not work for the company where you did your internship   Answer Question
    • Why should we pick you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC in May 2009.

Interview

One hour interview with the hiring manager. Typically quesions. Research about the company and product line would impress the interviewer.

Hiring manager also arranged follow-up meetings with the team.

There was a seperate phone interview with HR or Resourcing Consultant. It lasted half an hour. The difficult part was two or three behavior questions. You need to prepare from your experience beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example that you overcame a big obstacle to achieve your objective.   Answer Question