CIBC Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.8

275 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Tell about yourself, very generic questions. Time you had to solve a problem. Did a walk through of my resume. I think they need a head count so the interview process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my excel skills, if was able to deal with large volumes of data   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university's co-op program. I was interviewed by two people, in person. All basic behavioral questions. Lasted less then 30 minutes. A lot of the time was spent with them describing their own roles and the role I was applying for. We basically walked through my resume for the majority of the time.

Technical Process Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with manager and other co-op student. Interviewed on June 2017. Received offer for 8 month work term within a week. Interview was easy and about 20 minutes. Knowledge of ITIL process and ServiceNow useful.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term and short term goals.   1 Answer
    • Describe a challenge you faced in a team setting.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I first dropped off my resume to the branch in person, the branch manager gave me a call few days later to apply for the posting on-line. I was called later to schedule an interview.

Customer Service Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Greeted by 2 HR manager upon arrival. Interview consists of two main questions. Which are behavioral questions and a sale scenario questions. Location at 750 Lawrence avenue west. Make sure you succeed on both main questions as they are looking for top candidate that can sell and have customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CIBC?
      How do you deal with customer service?
      How do you deal under pressure?
      What makes you the best candidate?

Sale Scenario
      You are the CSR and talking to a client.
      How would you assist client in picking the best product (visa) for them?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from hr rep. Had a telephone screening with her and had another telephone interview after that. Last interview was at Cibc building with hr person which was straight forward and asked the same kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why CIBC? What are your strengths? Name a time you resolved a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got told hourly rate and accepted.

Senior Analyst At Process Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I met a person at career fair gave me his business card to send a copy of resume. So I did on that day. On next day, I received an email for on-site interview at Kings St. A director and another member interview me for about an hour.

Interview questions includes behavioural questions and about my resume. Pretty straight forward. I felt I did it ok but did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would be an immediate challenge once you start working for the team?   Answer Question

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

applied online and was contacted via email to come in for an in person interview. I was not phone screened. I Interviewed with 2 members of the team and they used an interview guide with standard behaviour based questions. At the end of the interview I asked what the next steps were and they told me they would make a decision within a few days and let me know either way. After a week I followed up and never heard back. Been a few weeks now and they never responded or let me know I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to escalate a situation. Tell me about a time when you had to work with little guidance. Tell me about a time when you failed, what did you learn.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. hr over phone- lots of behavioral questions
    2. in person 2 directors- behavioral, strengths, background
    3. senior director final round
    preperation didnt help much as their questions were very tailored. overall friendly and nice approach and not out there to get you as i had with many other banks.

Interview Questions

• how will you compensate for lack of experience
      strengths/ weakness
      something not on your resume
      work with teams
      what makes you give up   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to set a date. Did face to face interview with three persons. (Senior managers). Was told that the shortlisting process will take another 2 weeks. I did not have to do a test/quiz. The Interviewers made me feel very relaxed and comfortable and this made me less nervous.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your previous jobs prepared you for this post   Answer Question