CIBT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIBT Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2016

2.2

Manager EMEA Global Immigration At Newland Chase A CIBT Group of Companies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was with the headhunter, this was followed a couple of days later by a case study. Then a week later I had an interview with the Managing Director of Newland Chase, this was a one on one interview that lasted about an hour. About two weeks later the headhunter called to confirm an interview with the CIBT group's HR director. This was a two and a half hour interview involving a role play to determine my team management style and behavioural questions their main focus was team engagement and management.

Interview Questions

• Interview with HR director involved role play and behavioural questions focusing of team management and team engagement.   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

On an employee referral I met the owner for a sit-down after a brief exchange of emails and phone calls. We met for about 2 hours. It was more a discussion than interview. The interview started at a conference center and I was later invited to lunch. They offered me the position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (McLean, VA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. I was invited into a face to face interview with the hiring manager, then again with their manager. This followed a phone conversation to screen my resume. The process was pretty painless, and introduced me to the key people that I would be interacting with. I was offered the position over the phone shortly after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutely not wiling to negotiate - even a few dollars!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBT (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in January 2011.

Interview

They contacted me and invited me for interview. On the interview they asked about my experienced and skills.
    After several days the give an offering and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Why you want move from your current employer   1 Answer

Visa Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBT in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed twice. The first time with the Director. The second interview was with the Operations Manager. Both interviews went well! However, I never heard anything back? If a potential candidates interviews with you; it's because they like the organization and need a job. Have enough decency and integrity to inform them if they've got the job or not. It reflects negatively on CIBT when a candidate is left to infer that they weren't considered. Radio silence is not cool!

Visa and Passport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CIBT (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

They make you fill a very long extensive online paperwork about your work history, references, etc., and when you're ready to save it, it won't. It will be completely blank. It glitches. So, make sure that you can print the form right away when completing it, otherwise, you'll have to complete it by hand. You'll have to bring this form for the face to face interview along with a copy of your resume. They'll ask you basic questions, like: Tell me a little bit about yourself? What did you like most about the your previous job? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Etc.
     Once you have done the one on one interview, if they like you, they'll give you a "test" on their computer to see how well you manage and find things on their website. If they don't even give you the computer test, then the one on one face interview did not go well, and they will not hire you.

New Candidate- Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CIBT (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Recieved call from Amy Callen HR from LA. Reviewed my resume and sent it to Fiona Marshall White, Managing Director in Vancouver BC. Interviewed with format presentation on March 26, 2014. Was advised by HR the salary was $60,000 Cad.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult during the interview. I pointed out with my many years of experience and having 26,000 corporate leads from the oil & mining industry, plus in the charity and travel contacts it would be easy for me to achieve sales goals for CIBT. Today recieved a memo saying" I regret to inform you that we will not be moving ahead with your application. While I believe that your sales experience and drive are extremely good, I felt that prior industry experience with another candidate made the final difference." What a waste of my time, preparing a presentation and sending her a network of posibile candidates   1 Answer

Marketing Database Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBT.

Interview

got a call form the recruiter, then a call from the hiring manager, who invited me for an in person interview...the interview went over the scheduled end time by 45 mins because the VP thought that they could fit me into another position as well, therefore, interview with the hiring manager of the other position...it was totally unexpected. Anyways...by the end of the interview, the manager who invited me in told me that everything was great, I should hear back from the "very soon"...hey guess what? has been over a week and I've followed up twice...no one from their end even has the courtesy of telling me whats going on!
    Since they kept on emphasizing how many hats a person need to wear at their company, I'm pretty sure if hired, they will have me do both jobs while only paying me the salary of 1

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBT.

Interview

Very basic interview. You will meet with the Director of the office. The interview consisted of a couple basic interview questions to find out about your work experience and to tell you about the position. They were very upfront about what the job entails and what to expect when it comes to compensation. Then you will take a very simple aptitude test which consists of basic math and customer service skills questions.

Visa and Passport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIBT (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly fast. I got called in for an interview and was hired the same day. There was no drug testing and no background checks. They did call my previous employers though.

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy no difficult questions.   1 Answer