CIBT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

2.4

Visa and Passport Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CIBT (McLean, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Monday. I was called Tuesday and had a 20 minute phone interview. The young lady said she liked me and would get with her boss and try to coordinate an in person interview. She called back 15 mins later and I had an interview scheduled for Thursday. Very great interview. They were upfront about what they wanted and now I am working for them. Great people!

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of a customer service job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBT (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got called for a phone interview. Got called to set up in person interview. Arrived at CIBT's front desk and they sent me to a totally different company down the hall. After sitting in the Pearson company down the hall for 10 mins, the rep told me that I had the wrong company. I told her I was here for CIBT and she walked me back down to the company that I originally came to. Apparently the front desk reps was not aware of an interview. The rep told me to have a seat and that someone would be bringing me out documents to sign. After sitting there for 15 mins, a lady comes out to hand me a whole application as if they had none of my info on file. While filling out the app, about 10 mins had passed and another lady came out and said "Your interview was at 9:00. I told her that I had been sent to the wrong company and that I had been here for quite some time now. She goes on to say "well we have a meeting so we cant interview you". I said I wish I would have known that 30 mins ago. And that was it. No sorry, no reschedule, nothing. Just a complete hour commute downtown wasted. The two reps that sent me down to the wrong company witnessed this and never spoke up about their mistake. This is a totally unprofessional company. Even after reading all of the horrible and negative reviews I still gave it a chance and wasted my complete time. The next day I see them back on indeed hiring for the same position. Im pretty sure they took a look at my african american face and had a change of heart. Do not work for this company. Everyone looked sad, over worked and stressed out. The manager can barely speak english.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBT (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was straight forward. I applied online and was contacted first by email for a phone screen interview with HR and moved to a second phone screen interview with the Hiring Manager. I was then invited for an in-person interview with Hiring Manager. I was offered the position that I accepted.

The interviews were to know me as a person, professional and also to test my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How did I reacted when the management didn't follow my recommendations regarding a critical issue.   Answer Question

Visa Processing Agent Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBT (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received the job opportunities mail offer through job search website. After a couple of mails, we set the date for the phone interview. Then I was informed for the in-person interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was with the headhunter, this was followed a couple of days later by a case study. Then a week later I had an interview with the Managing Director of Newland Chase, this was a one on one interview that lasted about an hour. About two weeks later the headhunter called to confirm an interview with the CIBT group's HR director. This was a two and a half hour interview involving a role play to determine my team management style and behavioural questions their main focus was team engagement and management.

Interview Questions

• Interview with HR director involved role play and behavioural questions focusing of team management and team engagement.   Answer Question

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

On an employee referral I met the owner for a sit-down after a brief exchange of emails and phone calls. We met for about 2 hours. It was more a discussion than interview. The interview started at a conference center and I was later invited to lunch. They offered me the position.

Marketing Database Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBT.

Interview

got a call form the recruiter, then a call from the hiring manager, who invited me for an in person interview...the interview went over the scheduled end time by 45 mins because the VP thought that they could fit me into another position as well, therefore, interview with the hiring manager of the other position...it was totally unexpected. Anyways...by the end of the interview, the manager who invited me in told me that everything was great, I should hear back from the "very soon"...hey guess what? has been over a week and I've followed up twice...no one from their end even has the courtesy of telling me whats going on!
    Since they kept on emphasizing how many hats a person need to wear at their company, I'm pretty sure if hired, they will have me do both jobs while only paying me the salary of 1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CIBT (McLean, VA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. I was invited into a face to face interview with the hiring manager, then again with their manager. This followed a phone conversation to screen my resume. The process was pretty painless, and introduced me to the key people that I would be interacting with. I was offered the position over the phone shortly after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutely not wiling to negotiate - even a few dollars!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBT.

Interview

Very basic interview. You will meet with the Director of the office. The interview consisted of a couple basic interview questions to find out about your work experience and to tell you about the position. They were very upfront about what the job entails and what to expect when it comes to compensation. Then you will take a very simple aptitude test which consists of basic math and customer service skills questions.

Visa Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBT in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed twice. The first time with the Director. The second interview was with the Operations Manager. Both interviews went well! However, I never heard anything back? If a potential candidates interviews with you; it's because they like the organization and need a job. Have enough decency and integrity to inform them if they've got the job or not. It reflects negatively on CIBT when a candidate is left to infer that they weren't considered. Radio silence is not cool!