CIC (Cambridge) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

3.1

Concierge/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed after a few days with an offer for a skype interview and an online assessment. I chose to the the interview first, though I think you can do the test first if you'd like.

It was my first skype interview, so even though it didn't meet my expectations, I wasn't even really sure what to expect. The interviewer was friendly, fairly easy to talk to, but I can't remember him asking me any more than 2-3 questions. Most of the interview was just him telling me what the job was like, responsibilities, etc. I tired to interject a few times to point out my experience in what he was talking about at the time, but only because, like I said, I think he only asked me a total of 3 questions.

I took the test right after the interview. I'm not sure what to say other than ... its tricky. I'm sure it was developed by a group of MIT graduates who have critical thinking down to a science. In my opinion, if you really want to test and understand people's critical thinking, you have to let them justify their answers. Multiple choice doesn't cut it. After the test, all I could think was "... this is for the position of receptionist?"

One week after the interview I got an email saying they would be pursuing other candidates. I asked for some feedback, but was told it couldn't be provided. To reiterate what most reviews say here, they have very high standards and are looking for someone very specific.

Front Desk Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) in June 2017.

Interview

The 1st interview was via Skype. It was your typical interview questions regarding your background and previous work experience etc. I did not find it difficult. However, I did not get the follow up email with the online assessment until 3 days later. I thought they were not interested after the first interview. The interviewer seemed bored and basically asked the same questions over again but in different ways. Apparently, I did not perform well on the Watson Glaser online assessment. I was surprised because I thought I did well on it. It is not timed. It was recorded so make sure your webcam is working and that you are logged off Skype and Teamviewer or else you will not be able to proceed to take the assessment. Three days after I took the assessment I received an email from the interviewer stating that they decided to forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous position. Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation and you had to go beyond the standard company policy ( thinking out of the box). Why do want to work for us?   Answer Question

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

It was over a skype interview. I'd never done a skype interview but the guy was super friendly. It took about a week from the time I applied to the skype interview.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge).

Interview

The interview process involved a phone screening, which took about 20 minutes, followed by an in-person interview and a critical thinking type of test. The in-person interview was conducted by a team of two and took approximately an hour. The test took about half an hour, but I may have rushed through it. I was a bit underprepared for the in-person interview, but the interviewers also did very little to make me feel comfortable. They were, in fact, quite intimidating (especially as it was 2-on-1) and as a result I was overly nervous and "blew it."

Interview Questions

• I don't recall an exact question, but the team conducting the in-person interview asked tough problem solving questions and required a quantifiable answer. When I was not able to produce a quantifiable answer on the spot they kind of blankly stared at me for an excessive amount of time.   Answer Question

Concierge/Reception Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online. Contacted two days later via email to schedule Skype interview. Skype interview lasted about 25 minutes. Very simple interview. Afterwards I was emailed a link for an online assessment (TalentLens). After completion, received an email a few days later saying they moved forward with other candidates. Not too upset though. It seems they're very strict about the type of person they're looking for.

Senior Sales and Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day to set up a Skype interview for the following week. Prior to the Skype interview I took an online assessment that took about 45 minutes to complete. They record and videotape you the entire time you are taking the assessment. My Skype interview also lasted about 45 minutes. The woman who interviewed asked the same boring interview questions that we as job applicants hear everywhere else. I thought the interview went well, but I was not asked to move forward to the next step of the interview process. I wasn't too upset about it. It seems like this is an extremely long interview process that results in no offer for almost all of their applicants. I will not try again here. Too many other jobs in the area that pay better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker, and how you handled that conflict.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Probably the one of the worst phone interviews that I have ever had. The internal recruiter seemed so unexcited to talk about the CIC. She told me the call would take 25 minutes and she asked me questions for 45 minutes, leaving me no time to ask a question. After the call, I felt as though I had just interviewed for a completely different position. I did not fill out the questionnaire because I was so turned off by the phone call.

Interview Questions

• She asked me something about how I volunteered my time.   Answer Question

Impact Hub Boston Lead Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I only participated in the first stage of the selection process so this is what my review is limited to.
    Roughly ten days after submitting my application, I was invited for a skype interview and a "critical thinking assessment" online test. The test (look up "Watson-Glaser Test") consists of 40 question and is not timed, but I believe it took me ca. 30 minutes to complete it. Having done a few practice tests in the days before, I believe I was fairly well prepared; unfortunately I was also rather nervous so I am not 100% sure how I did. It's unfortunate that the test application does not give you your final score, and neither will CIC.

The skype interview itself lasted ca. 40 minutes and was sufficiently pleasant. A lot of the questions focused on giving examples from my previous position to illustrate certain obstacles, problem solving, communication styles, team leading experience etc. This isn't unusual, although I have to admit that I wasn't prepared for quite so many different examples, so I think I ended up a little shaky when trying to come up with additional, relevant comparisons (it's surprisingly hard to think of your job in this way).

I received a response from CIC three days after the interview. While I didn't make it to the next round, I do think the speedy process is commendable, much better definitely than waiting for weeks or even months to hear back (like other organizations do). I am not particularly fond of the lack of feedback I received; it would've been nice to at the very least get the results of the test. As it is, I have no way of gauging whether I failed the test or simply didn't hit the mark with my interview performance, and that's a bit frustrating. Overall it was one of the better experiences though.

Interview Questions

• - example of problem at last position and which creative solutions you came up with   Answer Question
    • - example of team work to overcome obstacles   Answer Question
    • - example of individual effort to benefit entire team   Answer Question
    • - example of issue with difficult stakeholder/client and how you resolved the situation so that both you and the client left satisfied; which communication methods did you use to achieve that   Answer Question

Concierge/Reception Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from their recruiter in Cambridge, who set up a time for a Skype interview. It was really brief, he asked me a few easy questions about myself and gave an overview of the position. After it concluded, he sent me a link to an assessment I had to take at my convenience (Watson Glaser). When you click on the link, you download a software that records you via your computer's webcam as you take the assessment, probably to prevent cheating. I did well enough on that, because they asked me in for an in-person interview. I met with two people, one person was staff at St. Louis, and the other was in Cambridge (joining via webcam). It felt really impersonal and friendly, but there were a lot of behavioral questions. They told me that the next step in the process would be a job shadow day if I passed the interview. I didn't pass the interview, because I received an email a few days later rejecting me. As was the case with other interviews on here, I didn't feel too poorly about it. They were looking for a very specific type of person, and if I had to pinpoint where I went wrong, it was saying "I'm not sure" when they asked me if I wanted to pursue graduate school in the future. Be ready to convey a lot of passion and enthusiasm for the job (and nothing else), and have plenty of examples of teamwork when dealing with impromptu/stressful situations. The interview itself FELT very easy, but I think that's part of their trick.

Partnership Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIC (Cambridge) in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting the resume, a recruiter contacted me to have a Skype interview. Following the interview, I took the critical thinking assessment online, which took about 20 minutes (I was having a terrible allergy and couldn't focus at all - but for obvious reasons, I would not say that to them). Four days later, the recruiter emailed me that they have decided to move on to explore further. That was it. One odd impression of the interview: as the few other interviewees have mentioned here, she was very uninterested and looked very tired. So much so, I had to ask her about the company culture. She responded with a generic answer that it is great and work-life balance is good. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question